Looking for a protein-rich treat to serve as a delicious snack (at work or otherwise)? You’ve come to the right place.
I’m on Day 8 of the 14-day Conscious Cleanse (more on that next week when I’ve wrapped things up) and have discovered several delicious and healthy treats in the process — including this one! I need to point out one very important note here: These treats taste just like Girl Scout Samoa cookies. That’s right — my very favorite flavor of Girl Scout cookie in healthy, protein-packed form? It’s true. When I made these for the first time last week, Kevin tasted one and declared that they were even BETTER than Samoas. Whoa.
So here you go:
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- In a food processor fixed with an S blade, combine dates, sea salt, vanilla extract, and raw almond butter for one to three minutes, or until smooth. (Yep — you have to pull out the food processor for this one. I hate it, too, but believe me when I say this is worth the annoyance.)
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flakes and hemp seeds.
- Using your hands, roll almond-date mixture into balls.
- Roll balls in coconut mixture and place in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer and enjoy chilled.