When I asked on Instagram Stories recently what round-up y’all were interested in seeing on the blog next, “vegan snacks” was resoundingly the most asked for topic. As a snack lover, I’m feel you! Let’s talk vegan snacks, shall we?
Oh, and worth mentioning: The name of the game for me, when it comes to most things, is SIMPLE. I don’t have time to make elaborate snacks, so most of what you’ll see listed below is either totally prepackaged or VERY easy to pull together. (Just one snack item has an actual “recipe” to follow.) That said, it’s also stuff I feel good about eating just about any day. Even when I go the prepackaged or pre-made route, I try to make healthy choices.
Okay, let’s get to snacking!:
- Bars: These are definitely a go-to for me. I always have a bar (or five) in my desk at work, in my car’s glove compartment, in my purse, and in Maggie’s diaper bag. They just come in handy so often! Whether I need a quick snack while driving from work to the Pure Barre studio or Maggie’s getting hangry in the grocery store, having these on hand is super helpful. My favorite brands of vegan bars are LARABAR (fave flavors: Cashew Cookie, Cherry Pie, and Peanut Butter Cookie), GoMacro (fave flavors: ALL OF THEM), and Trailnuggets (fave flavor: Peanut Butter Chocolate)
- Hummus: Hummus combined with just about anything is good as far as I’m concerned, but I especially love it paired with carrots, celery, or apple slices. I like to keep things interesting on the hummus front with fun flavors, like Trader Joe’s Cilantro & Jalapeño Hummus, Roots Hummus Thai Coconut Curry, or Lantana Foods Sriracha Carrot or Edamame Hummus.
- Almond Butter + Fruit: I could eat this every single day. Almond butter is my FAVORITE! (I have to be careful I don’t go overboard, but I do love it as a snack.) I love eating it with a banana very best, but it’s great with an apple as well. When I choose almond butter, I always make sure to choose one that JUST includes almonds. My favorites are Trader Joe’s Raw Creamy Almond Butter and Costco’s Kirkland Creamy Almond Butter. (Every time Kevin goes to Costco, he knows to grab me a jar of this deliciousness. He’s the best!)
- Popcorn + Nutritional Yeast: Whether you’re vegan or not, if you haven’t tried this you’re missing out. Kevin LOVES it, and he’s adamantly NOT vegan. 🙂 If you’re not familiar with nutritional yeast, it sounds super weird, but it’s SO good. It tastes kind of cheesy and nutty at the same time, and it contains protein and B-12, among other nutrients, and it’s dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and sugar free. My favorite brand is Bragg’s.
- Protein Balls: These are the ones that require a recipe, but it’s VERY easy. I don’t make these very often, but always love them when I do. (You can double or triple the batch and keep extra in the freezer or fridge.)
- Siete Foods Grain-Free Tortilla Chips + Cashew Queso: Y’allllllll. Get your hands on all things Siete Foods. You will not regret it!
- Dairy-Free Yogurt: Good news — there are lots of great vegan yogurt options out there! I like to eat them on their own, or top them with fruit, nuts, hemp hearts, a scoop of almond butter, some Purely Elizabeth granola — so many options! My favorite vegan yogurt brands are: Kite Hill (their cream cheese is also to DIE for), Forager, and Lavva.
What are some of your go-to healthy (and EASY) snacks?
yogurt + almond butter + hemp hearts + Purely Elizabeth