First of all, let’s start with WHY I switched to a vegan diet (in the summer of 2017) to begin with. Here’s a post digging into the reasons behind my decision, and it also includes several resources I’ve found helpful along the way. (And no, not everyone in my family eats this way.)
But we’re here to talk about vegan FOOD! I often get requests for vegan recipes, and thought it would be helpful to create a central space for them to live here on my blog. Welcome to that space: Vegan Recipes!
This section of my blog is a place for me to capture some favorite recipes that I want to come back to time and time again (and a place to easily share those recipes with you!). Most of these aren’t my own recipes, but rather ones I’ve found from a variety of sources (and I’ll keep adding to this page as I discover more deliciousness). All the recipes are vegan, as the name of this section suggests. 🙂
Some Favorite Cow’s Milk Alternatives:
- A few here…
- Siete Foods Cashew Queso. (I get it at Whole Foods Winston-Salem)
- Lavva Yogurt
- Ripple Half & Half
- Here’s my sourdough bread process, recipe, and equipment/tools
- Here’s a collection of vegan recipes you can make with sourdough starter that aren’t a load of bread!
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Waffles (Minimalist Baker). Tip: Swap out the coconut milk for coconut cream. You will not be disappointed.
- Toasted Coconut Pancakes (Minimalist Baker)
- Cinnamon Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Superfood Breakfast Cookies
- 4 Smoothie Recipes
- Oil-Free Aquafaba Granola (Minimalist Baker)
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread (Minimalist Baker)
- Banana Bread (Oh She Glows)
- Double Chocolate Tahini Banana Muffins (Soom Foods) This is absolutely something you can enjoy any time of day — not just breakfast! To make the recipe vegan, just sub the egg for a flax egg.
- Hearty Vegetable and White Bean Soup (Conscious Cleanse)
- Soul-Soothing African Peanut Stew (Oh She Glows)
- Curried Carrot Soup (Conscious Cleanse) — I also love serving this over quinoa or brown rice!
- Kale Superfood Salad (Conscious Cleanse)
- Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu (Cooking Light): Kevin and I just bought an air fryer, and we are SO PUMPED! If you have one, too, you absolutely need to try this Cooking Light Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu recipe using your air fryer. It’s amazing with stir fry veggies, over noodles or rice!
- Almond Ginger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Beyond Yoga)
- Chickpea Salad (The Simple Veganista)
- Tofu Taco Crumbles (tip: serve with these homemade flour tortillas!)
- Mediterranean Vegan Eggplant Roll-Ups (This Savory Vegan)
- Tofu Pad Thai (Minimalist Baker)
- Butternut Squash Mac & “Cheese”
- 6 Holiday Side Dishes
- Savory Herb-Scented Cornbread (Beyond Yoga)
- Cruciferous Colcannon (for horseradish fans only!)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- My Go-To Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I like to make double or triple batches of these and keep dough in the freezer for an easy-to-make treat!
- Black Bean Brownies (Minimalist Baker)
- Vegan + Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake (Beaming Baker)
- Chocolate Frosting (Loving It Vegan)
- 3 No-Bake Dessert Recipes (including one that mimics a Girl Scout Samoa!)
- 6 Vegan Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Chocolate Donuts (Elana’s Pantry)
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oh She Glows)
- Baked Chocolate Donuts (Minimalist Baker)