First of all, let’s start with WHY I switched to a vegan diet (in the summer of 2017) to begin with. Here’s a post digging into the reasons behind my decision, and it also includes several resources I’ve found helpful along the way. (And no, not everyone in my family eats this way.)
But we’re here to talk about vegan FOOD! I often get requests for vegan recipes, and thought it would be helpful to create a central space for them to live here on my blog. Welcome to that space: Vegan Recipes!
This section of my blog is a place for me to capture some favorite recipes that I want to come back to time and time again (and a place to easily share those recipes with you!). Most of these aren’t my own recipes, but rather ones I’ve found from a variety of sources (and I’ll keep adding to this page as I discover more deliciousness). All the recipes are vegan, as the name of this section suggests. 🙂
Some Favorite Cow’s Milk Alternatives:
- A few here…
- Siete Foods Cashew Queso (I get it at Whole Foods Winston-Salem)
- Lavva Yogurt
- Ripple Half & Half
- siggi’s Plant-Based Yogurt (the BEST plant-based yogurt option I’ve tried — and I’ve tried a lot!)
- Almond Cow (we love this machine for making our own plant-based milk quickly and easily at home!)
- Here’s my sourdough bread process, recipe, and equipment/tools
- Here’s a collection of vegan recipes you can make with sourdough starter that aren’t a loaf of bread!
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Waffles (Minimalist Baker). Tip: Swap out the coconut milk for coconut cream. You will not be disappointed.
- Toasted Coconut Pancakes (Minimalist Baker)
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Minimalist Baker)
- Cinnamon Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Superfood Breakfast Cookies
- 4 Smoothie Recipes
- Oil-Free Aquafaba Granola (Minimalist Baker)
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread (Minimalist Baker)
- Banana Bread (Oh She Glows)
- Double Chocolate Tahini Banana Muffins (Soom Foods) This is absolutely something you can enjoy any time of day — not just breakfast! To make the recipe vegan, just sub the egg for a flax egg.
- World’s Easiest Cinnamon Rolls (Minimalist Baker) These are INCREDIBLE!!!
- Hearty Vegetable and White Bean Soup (Conscious Cleanse)
- Soul-Soothing African Peanut Stew (Oh She Glows)
- Curried Carrot Soup (Conscious Cleanse) — I also love serving this over quinoa or brown rice!
- Check out my guide to salad making here!
- Kale Superfood Salad (Conscious Cleanse)
- Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu (Cooking Light): Kevin and I just bought an air fryer, and we are SO PUMPED! If you have one, too, you absolutely need to try this Cooking Light Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu recipe using your air fryer. It’s amazing with stir fry veggies, over noodles or rice!
- Almond Ginger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Beyond Yoga)
- Chickpea Salad (The Simple Veganista)
- Tofu Taco Crumbles (tip: serve with these homemade flour tortillas or these homemade corn tortillas!)
- Mediterranean Vegan Eggplant Roll-Ups (This Savory Vegan)
- Tofu Pad Thai (Minimalist Baker)
- Sweet Potato & Kale Mac N’ Cheese (The Colorful Kitchen)
- Butternut Squash Mac & “Cheese”
- 6 Holiday Side Dishes
- Savory Herb-Scented Cornbread (Beyond Yoga)
- Cruciferous Colcannon (for horseradish fans only!)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Southern Style Cornbread (My Quiet Kitchen)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Easy Homemade Hummus (Recommendation: Use this brand of tahini. It’s the best!!)
- My Go-To Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I like to make double or triple batches of these and keep dough in the freezer for an easy-to-make treat!
- THE BEST VEGAN BROWNIES! (Nora Cooks) Everyone will love these, vegan or not. (Promise.)
- Black Bean Brownies (Minimalist Baker)
- Vegan + Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake (Beaming Baker)
- Chocolate Frosting (Loving It Vegan)
- 3 No-Bake Dessert Recipes (including one that mimics a Girl Scout Samoa!)
- 6 Vegan Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Chocolate Donuts (Elana’s Pantry)
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oh She Glows)
- Baked Chocolate Donuts (Minimalist Baker)
- The Best Vegan Apple Crisp (Minimalist Baker)
- Chocolate Cupcakes (Nora Cooks)