A couple of weeks ago, I shared six plant-based side dish recipes that are perfect for gracing a holiday table, and today I’ve rounded up six mouthwatering vegan dessert picks for you as well! (You’re welcome.) 🙂
Okay, let’s jump right in! After all, Thanksgiving is just days away. (I’m still trying to wrap my head around how this is possible. Who’s with me?)
– Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie: For many people, it’s just not the holidays without a pumpkin pie on the dessert table, so this recipe is a must to have on hand. I made it for a Friendsgiving Kevin and I hosted a couple of weeks ago, and loved how it turned out! It was also super easy (just be sure to make it a day or so in advance to give it time to set completely).
– Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies: I also made these for the Friendsgiving I mentioned, and I LOVED how they turned out! (Note: The recipe calls the frosting “optional,” but I wholeheartedly beg to differ…)
– Chilled Dark Chocolate Pie with Toasted Almond Crust and Strawberry Vanilla Compote: I have not made this pie (yet!), but love all the words used to describe it, so I have a feeling it will be divine! (I might try replacing the strawberry for another fruit — perhaps cranberry to be extra festive! — given my MRT test results from a few years ago.)
– Best Vegan Pecan Pie: A rather confident name, isn’t it? And since this is another staple on so many Thanksgiving menus, I wanted to be sure to include a pecan pie option.
– Graham Cracker Apple Crisp: Perhaps one of my favorite desserts this time of year is apple crisp, and this vegan version sounds so amazing!
– Coconut Almond Bark: For someone who loves coconut (me, me, ME!), this sounds like the perfect holiday treat. (Bonus — it’s sugar free, using natural flavors like coconut butter and almond extract to create its deliciousness. I’ve been looking for an excuse to make coconut butter since reading about it on Minimalist Baker’s blog, and I think now’s the perfect time!
Hope your Thanksgiving is oh-so sweet!