Coming up with toddler gift ideas is so much fun, because I just imagine these little people delighting in everything and learning through play. We don’t want to inundate our home with toys, but we do want to make sure Maggie has some great things to keep her growing and developing well.
Here’s a list of ideas I collected that I know Maggie would love, and I think most kiddos her age (18-24 months) would enjoy them, too! (I asked parents with older kids for some recommendations, too, so this list reflects their ideas as well as my own.) I included things at various price points, and hope you find this list helpful if you’re buying for a little one this holiday season.
Oh, and if you haven’t experienced Usborne books yet for your child (of ANY age), you must check them out. The books are such high quality, and crafted to meet child’s developmental needs in fun, creative ways. We love them at our house! (I included three of them on this list.)
- Fisher-Price Little People “Sit with Me” School Bus
- Sesame Street Stack & Nest Friends
- Melissa & Doug “Examine and Treat” Pet Vet Play Set (This is adorable! The cones!)
- Usborne books (It’s hard to choose between all the great options, but I love this one with reusable stickers, this one to help little ones learn manners, and this one to help make brushing teeth fun for Maggie!)
- Pop-Up Tent (I had something similar as a child and spent hours playing in it)
- Magnetic Letters and Numbers Refrigerator Magnets (An essential for any household with children.)
- Vintage Play Kitchen (Maggie is getting a kitchen for Christmas this year, and I can’t wait for her to see it! She’s loved playing with my old kitchen at my parents’ house.)
- Melissa & Doug Slice and Bake Wooden Cookie Play Food Set
- Basketball Goal
- Sesame Street Let’s Cook! Cookbook (I love that this book is made for very little kids to start to get comfortable in the kitchen.)
- Melissa & Doug “Let’s Play House” 6-Piece Pretend Play Set
- AquaDoodle “Draw N Doodle” Classic Mat
- Bath Crayons
6 thoughts on “2018 Holiday Gift Guide: For Toddlers”
“You can sit with me!” I was definitely planning to get that for Maggie for Christmas. Perhaps you already are?
We haven’t bought it for her yet and she would LOVE IT!
Okay, don’t buy! There goes the surprise for you.