How in the world is the first week of October already behind us? It’s officially time for me to start planning for my favorite holiday, Halloween (both on the costume and the goodies front!). I have a few costume ideas for little Miss Maggie’s first Halloween, but if you have any super fun baby costume ideas, please let me know! I’m also so very glad it’s finally starting to feel a little fall-like here in Winston-Salem. These chilly mornings are WONDERFUL.
Okay, on to my favorites from this week:
- Beautycounter’s Fig Lip Gloss has been on repeat for me this week. It looks intimidatingly dark in the tube, but on it’s absolutely gorgeous and PERFECT for this time of year. (I love that all of Beautycounter’s glosses go on smooth, smell great, and aren’t at all sticky.)
- Speaking of make-up (and adding hair to the conversation), I opted to get both my hair and make-up done for my friend Ashleigh’s wedding last weekend, and loooove the way everything turned out! I always enjoy getting my hair and make-up done when I’m in a wedding because I feel like it helps me think of new ways to do my own and think outside the box a bit. I especially loved the braids she gave me!
- I’ve blogged before about my love for Daily Harvest smoothies, but I’ve since tried other Daily Harvest offerings, including overnight oats and soup, and have to rave here about their delicious plant-based sundaes (especially the Chocolate Hazelnut — YUM!). Click here to get three free cups (of any of their menu offerings) with your first order!
- You can never have too many travel coffee mugs, am I right? I actually don’t have a ton — I have two, really. And one of them is this one, and it’s new, and I’m in love with it.
- I recently discovered Better Life cleaning products, a company developed by two dads who became concerned about what their kids might be exposed to within their home through the products they were using to clean. So far, we’ve tried the All-Purpose Cleaner and Stainless Steel Polish, and have been really happy with their performance. I just ordered us a few more products to try out, too! (Oh, and I liked this recent blog post of theirs about dividing housework out among weekdays to avoid having so much to tackle on the weekends.)
Another thing I’m loving? Kevin, Maggie, and I are going to dinner tonight — just the three of us. I can’t wait to spend a little relaxing time with my little family! Thank goodness for weekends — especially after looooong weeks.
What are you loving this week?