Happy first Friday in August! We’re just 10 days away from my birthday. Wahoo! (I guess. I mean, I feel like birthdays as an adult — especially when they fall on a MONDAY, like mine does this year — are kind of non-events. Maybe that’s me being pessimistic about it all, but they feel pretty blah.*)
*This is not always true of adult birthdays, of course. Case in point: My 30th birthday (a.k.a. Double Quinceañera party). Now THAT was fun.
But I digress. Let’s talk about something that’s ALWAYS fun: FRIDAY! It started as an off week for me (I felt pretty blah until Wednesday), but thankfully I’m feeling much more like myself at this point. I’ll be teaching two Pure Barre classes tomorrow morning (come join me at the Clemmons studio!), and then Maggie and I are headed to South Carolina to visit my sister, Susan, and her three-week-old baby boy, Benjamin. I can’t wait to get those cousins together again. We haven’t seen Benji since he was born, and I need some more snuggle time with that little one!
In the meantime, here are a handful of things I’m loving lately:
- Kate Morris Jewelry’s new collection. A college friend of mine (and also a new mama to an adorable baby girl!) makes beautiful jewelry (I actually featured her on my blog this time last year), and her latest stuff is to DIE for. Please check out these beautiful pieces (and be sure to sign up for her emails for deals and such!). Some of my favorites from her collection are the Noche necklace, Villa necklace, and Vida bracelet (it would be so pretty to stack or pair with other bracelets).
- This Old Navy romper is quickly becoming a top wardrobe pick. I added it to my online shopping bag as an impulse purchase a couple of months ago, and it’s ended up being one of my favorite summertime pieces. Plus, just $28? Yes, please!
- Hank the Pig will bring joy to your life. Seriously. Please watch this adorable little guy (and then follow him on Instagram for even more cuteness).
- I’m a huge fan of SLAP! whey protein powders. I just recently joined the protein powder train, and now love this brand for quick, easy, and filling breakfast and snack options. Most weekday mornings, I blend SLAP! Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie powder with a frozen banana, some ice cubes, a sprinkle of hemp hearts, and some almond milk. It’s SO GOOD, and I love that the powder provides 24 grams of protein with just 110 calories and, especially, that it isn’t full of artificial nonsense. (Its ingredients are: non-GMO whey protein isolate, cocoa powder, natural flavors, xantham gum, stevia RebA extract, and monk fruit extract.) The website is a little hokey looking, but this brand can most definitely be trusted.
- Beautycounter just launched a limited edition Ocean & Pacific Palette, and it’s beautiful. It looks great on any skin tone, and comes with six eye shadows plus a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. Check out this video showing how to get the perfect beachy look using the palette:
Hope you have a great weekend!