It’s Friday! It’s Friday! It’s Friday!
Ready for some favorites? Let’s just dive right in!:
- I have had several of y’all ask about the romper Maggie was wearing yesterday, and it’s from Old Navy, where I find so many cute things for her!
- I am seeing so much floral lately that I am completely in love with. Between this new Rifle Paper Co./Corkcicle collection (this one is my fave!), these Beyond Yoga Mary Lauren High-Waisted Midi Leggings, and this Albion Fit swim top, there are too many adorable floral options to handle. I want them all. (I’m exercising restraint…and putting items on my wish list. Have I mentioned that my birthday is in August…?) 🙂
- Since Kevin’s parents live at the beach, we spend many summertime weekends there (lucky us!). Some of my favorite beach items I’ve found for Maggie and me this year are:
–An eyelet Flaphappy hat for Maggie. We inherited this from a friend (thanks, Amelia!), and I LOVE IT. It’s so cute, and has great UV protection as well. Thankfully, she’ll leave it on!
–These two adorable bathing suits for the summer — both from Old Navy! I love both the pineapple one and the pom-pom one. It’s hard to pick a favorite.
- Speaking of bathing suits, I’ve had great luck this year with Aerie suits. I got this matching top and bottom, and they’re ridiculously comfortable, plus I love the cut outs in the back of the top.
- I also got this striped top (which is very mom friendly since it’s nice and high as well as secure for when Maggie tugs on me!), and love pairing it with these bottoms.
- Queer Eye Season Two is out on Netflix! Have you watched any of it yet? I’ve watched two episodes so far, and love it. I can’t get enough of the Fab Five…
- Recently, at our local used bookstore, I grabbed a book off the non-fiction shelf because it caught my eye. I’m SO glad I did, because Not Fade Away: A Memoir of Senses Lost and Found was a compelling read, and one I know I will continue thinking about for quite some time. The author, Rebecca Alexander, suffers from Usher Syndrome Type III, and is slowly going both blind and deaf. She shares a glimpse into what that looks and feels like — but also how she’s living a full, as-normal-as-possible life (and struggling with some of the same “life issues” many of us face during our journeys) in the meantime. I LOVED this book — grab a copy!
- Okay, one more thing: these shoes are amazing! I really like them in Rose Gold Metallic, and am debating snagging a pair (especially while they’re on sale at DSW!).
Happy almost weekend! Hope you have fun summertime plans for the next couple of days. 🙂