I know it’s not just me, because I’ve had this conversation with countless people over the last few days: it’s been a LONG week. Whew. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting pretty excited about a glass of wine this evening…
In the meantime, here are a few favorites from this week! As usual, it’s an all-over-the-place kind of list, because that’s how Friday Favorites work over here at curiouser & curiouser:
- If you’re a curiouser & curiouser Podcast listener, you may recall that I recently started using essential oils. I’ve loved both diffusing them and applying them topically, and find that using pre-mixed oils (essential oils combined with coconut oil to dilute it) makes topical application easy and portable. I’ve loved using these roller ball bottles, and recently ordered a set of these adorable labels (you can customize what you want your labels to say) so I don’t forget what’s in each bottle! (Oh, some of my must-have oils are Serenity for sleeping, On Guard for a strong immune system, and Breathe for respiratory support.)
- I used Green Chef (a meal subscription service) a couple of times soon after Maggie was born and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the great taste of the recipes. I received another shipment this past week, and really enjoyed all three vegan meals — especially the Hoisin BBQ Tempeh Over Ginger Sushi Rice. Yum!
- I’ve loved author and expert advice-giver Cheryl Strayed for a few years now (I’ve read some of her Dear Sugar responses and love her Dear Sugars podcast), but had never read her well-known memoir Wild or Tiny Beautiful Things, a compilation of some of her Dear Sugar advice columns. Both are wonderful (of course they are), and if you’re late to the game like I was, get in on this literary action.
- I blog for Beyond Yoga, and can’t say enough good things about this brand. The story behind it is amazing, and the quality of the clothing is top-notch. I recently got two lightweight hoodies (this one and this one) from BY (because I couldn’t choose just one!), and they are both SO comfy and soft.
- Last but not least, I wanted to share this clip from The Today Show, where Beautycounter‘s founder and CEO, Gregg Renfrew, talks about what makes this company different from other skincare/makeup brands AND from other direct sales companies. I never saw myself being part of direct sales, but this brand — and the mission behind it — is different. See why here!
Happy almost weekend, y’all. We’re NEARLY there…!