Week Four of my November Wardrobe Challenge has come and gone, and I have a confession: I did some clothes shopping over the Thanksgiving holiday. (As a reminder, one of the “rules” of my challenge is to not buy any new clothing items for a month. Oops.)
In my defense, however, I got some good deals, and I didn’t go overboard or anything. Plus, after 3.5 weeks of the challenge, I had a good feel for things my wardrobe could use (black booties) and things I definitely am set on (sweaters).
Here’s what I snagged over the holiday weekend:
- These Vineyard Vines pants, which will be SO fun for Christmastime, for just $44 at a local retailer we love in Southport (where Kevin’s parents live, and where we spent Thanksgiving).
- These black booties from Target, on sale for $30 (plus an extra 5% off because I used my Redcard).
- These Christmas PJs from Target, which were about $12 thanks to a sale and my Redcard discount. (These came from my Christmas PJ Picks For The Family post, so I’d been eyeing them.)
- These high-waisted crushed velvet leggings (!!!) from Aerie in black were less than $18! I’m SUPER excited about these.
- These PJ pants from Aerie, which are ADORABLE but I’m considering returning since I got the Christmas PJs from Target yesterday.
So I didn’t do TOO much damage (and I restrained myself from making MANY other clothing purchases, so I’m proud of that!).
Okay, on to my outfit recaps from the past week. I didn’t do a great job of capturing them each day, but in my defense I was traveling (to New Jersey for a work photo shoot Monday through Wednesday, then to the North Carolina coast Wednesday through Saturday). Here goes nothing!:
Thursday, November 23 (Thanksgiving!):
(jeans: Paige Denim / top: Target (loved the bell sleeves!) / wedges: Target)
Friday, November 24:
Saturday, November 25:
Monday, November 27:
(leggings: Express / sweater: TJMaxx / slides: Target)
Tuesday, November 28:
(leggings: DYI / sweater: BP by Nordstrom / booties: Target)
Just a few days left in my challenge! What do you think — should I keep it going into December?