I love those posts where you get a glimpse into an everyday part of someone’s life. I find that sometimes the most routine things to someone else can be different and interesting — even inspiring — to me. (I assume other people like these kinds of posts, too, which is why last year I blogged about what Kevin and I keep in our fridge.)
Today’s all about bags, though, rather than refrigerators. I was inspired to write this post when I was rifling through my purse the other day and realized just how much randomness was in there. It reflects more of my life than I realized it did!
(And don’t forget that if you share what’s in your bag with me — either on my blog’s Facebook page or on Instagram using the hashtag #curiouswhatsinyourbag — you might win a free Beautycounter Lip Conditioner!)
First, the bag itself! These days, I’m either carrying my purse or Maggie’s diaper bag. (When I use Maggie’s diaper bag, though, I usually just transfer my wallet and lip gloss to that bag. I do LOVE the bag itself, though, and highly recommend it to moms to be.)
As for my purse, I’d been lusting after a Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo bag for, well, years, and finally treated myself to a secondhand one in great condition that I found at a consignment shop here in town. I’m so in love with this bag. (It also holds LOTS of things, as you’ll see below!)
With that, here are the contents of my bag (in no particular order):
- My wallet. I had a Hobo wallet for several years that FINALLY bit the dust last year, and I’ve replaced it with this one, which I like pretty well. It’s starting to get pretty full, though (I have lots of loyalty cards), so I might need to snag another Hobo at some point.
- Pure Barre socks. A girl’s gotta be ready to lift, tone, burn at a moment’s notice, so having a pair (or two) of Pure Barre sticky socks in my purse at all times is a given for me!
- Pens. THESE pens, because they’re amazing. (Also a Sharpie, because that comes in handy frequently!)
- Nail polish (and a nail file). For midday touch-ups on those weeks (like this one) when I’m between SNS manis.
- Tide pen. Because, babies.
- A protein bar. (Because, as I’ve mentioned before, these are the best. The cookie dough ones are even better…)
- Lip stuff. Specifically: Beautycounter Lip Gloss in Peony, Beautycounter Lip Sheer in Terra, and LipSense assorted colors (some faves are Luv It and Aussie Rose) and gloss.
- A Fulton & Roark solid cologne. Kevin is co-founder/co-owner of this men’s grooming company, so I always keep a cologne square on me to be able to show off his brilliance to folks who are unfamiliar with the brand when it comes up in conversation.
- Sunglasses. They don’t carry this style (Everett) at Warby Parker anymore, but there are lots of similar styles available, including this one and this one.
- Stamps. Carry these around, and you’ll be a hero at some point (either to yourself or a friend!).
- Hair ties. I’m obsessed with these lately, and love how they’re so gentle on my hair.
- Packing tape. I spend a fair amount of time at the post office, between selling items on eBay and sending out samples and freebies to Beautycounter clients, and so this stuff really does come in handy those times when I’m standing in line to mail my packages and realize they aren’t fully sealed or something, or when I’m packaging something up on the go. (The Sharpie — listed above — is clutch in these moments, too!)
- A paci. Maggie is a big fan of these, so NOT having one when you need one isn’t a great idea. I try to always be prepared!
- A coozie. (Or three!) These are wonderful when you find yourself enjoying a beer at a cookout or concert. I try to have enough to share with friends!
- Earbuds. I don’t run regularly, but when I do run it’s usually when we’re out of town (and therefore away from the Pure Barre studio). I like to keep headphones on hand to be ready for those out of town runs (especially since I have the iPhone 7 without the headphone jack, so if I don’t bring my own I’m usually out of luck!).
- A USB drive. It’s saved me on more than a couple of occasions.