Nights like tonight are frustrating. I got SUPER sleepy around 8 p.m. but still had a few things to finish up (getting the dishwasher running, getting Maggie to sleep, putting away some laundry, etc.), and by the time I got into bed at about 9:30 I was no longer sleepy. So here I sit, wide awake, really wishing I was sleeping instead.
And so I thought I’d share a few incredibly rambly thoughts as I just try to make myself tired:
- I’m signed up for the 6 a.m. Pure Barre class tomorrow morning, and that wake-up call is going to be rough since I’m up so late. Ugh.
- Good thing Kevin sets the coffee maker to brew just before I head out for PB every morning! (Bless him.)
- Now, of course, I want a snack (which always happens when I stay up later than I should). But the kitchen is also ALL the way downstairs, which seems quite far at the moment.
- If I DID go get a snack, what should I have? Almond butter straight from the jar is sounding pretty appealing. I also think I have some mini chocolate chips. That combo is sounding like a contender…
- Does someone want to come clean my house for me? I can pay you in cookies. (I make REALLY good cookies…)
- Kevin, Maggie, and I are going to the beach tomorrow and I haven’t packed a thing. (And definitely won’t be starting tonight.) This time I can’t forget a sun hat for Maggie like I did a couple of weekends ago.
- Kevin and I are watching The Good Place on Hulu right now and it’s sooooo good. Separately, I’m watching the latest season of the Australian show Offspring (on Netflix), which I like a lot.
- Maggie is outgrowing (length-wise) all her pajamas these days. I need to invest in some PJs without feet.
- I keep reading all these blog posts about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I’m on a temporary clothes buying freeze because I have far too many things already. I’m trying to stay strong.
- Does Maggie need some more bows? I mean, probably, right? Help me pick!
- We have this room in our house that’s our catch-all space: extra baby stuff, some travel items, some of Kevin’s clothes, gift wrap and cards/stationary, etc. It’s on my list to organize it at some point and try to bring some order to that room, but I honestly have no idea when I’ll get to that item on my to-do list. For now. I just keep the door closed as often as possible and try not to think about it too much. (It stresses me out when I think about it. I’m currently thinking about it.)
- What should I have for breakfast tomorrow? (Yep — I think a snack tonight is in order…)
3 thoughts on “12 Random Thoughts On A Night When I Can’t Sleep”
Anna, this is so funny. I was awake at 4 am. I understand your random thinking. Our brains should be turned off!
You are hilarious. And, this list sounds similar to the things I think about when I can’t sleep. Except I also would have about three items related to work. Congrats on not thinking about work last night. 🙂