Well, it’s the end of my first week back at work after maternity leave, and I’m happy to report that it went great. Being back in the office felt very familiar and very strange all at the same time initially, and I felt a little rusty at first as I sifted through emails and voice mails, got up to speed on projects that kept moving while I was out, and got filled in on new things that have happened since I’ve been gone. I had a precious dress for Maggie waiting for me at my desk Monday from a coworker, and received two flower deliveries, too. I felt SO very loved and supported! Everyone at work has been so kind during these first days back, too (not that I’d expect anything less — my office is awesome!), and that made everything infinitely easier.
Another thing that made the week infinitely easier? Having my amazing in-laws here to watch Maggie during these first few days of our new routine. It was so great knowing she was in such wonderful hands these last five days.
Another new discovery this week? Baby snuggles are even BETTER when you’ve been away at work all day. (Who knew they could get even more precious?)
Another side effect of being back at work is that weekends once again matter a whole lot more, and Fridays become WAY more fun. So that’s a plus! Here’s what I’m loving on this summertime Friday:
- I snagged one of these Beyond Yoga tanks in black/steel during their recent Memorial Day sale and, y’all, it’s SO soft and comfy. I mean, all Beyond Yoga stuff is wonderfully cozy, but this tank is particularly lightweight and amazing. I’m tempted to get it in sunset rose/coral reef, too…
- I’ve been a Stitch Fix fan for a few years now, and have so many pieces in my wardrobe that I found thanks to their team of stylists. If you’ve never tried Stitch Fix, this summer would be the perfect time! You just fill out a style survey and a stylist will hand pick five items to send right to your doorstep. Keep what you love and send back the things that aren’t quite right. So easy and fun! I’m loving this stripey t-shirt dress that came in my latest fix this week. It’s perfect for summer and SO comfy. Thanks, Stitch Fix!
- These wedge sandals (in black) from Target, which I’m rocking for the second (third?) summer in a row because they’re adorable and comfortable and inexpensive and go with everything. (I’m on my second pair!) I mean, when you find something that works, go with it, right?
- The Emily Ley Baby Book is back in stock, and it’s BEAUTIFUL. I looked at this as an option for a baby book for Maggie before she was born, but since it was out of stock at the time I went with this Lucy Darling one (which I’ve liked a lot!). This Emily Ley one, though, is lovely and has more room than the one I went with. Mamas to be: take note!
- Fellow breastfeeding mamas: I’m going to make a batch of these lactation bars this weekend. (Actually, these are delicious even if you aren’t breastfeeding!) My sweet doula brought a batch by a few days after Maggie was born, and they’ve been great to keep on hand in the freezer to snack on. Time to restock now! (I snagged the brewer’s yeast from Amazon earlier this week.)
Have a great weekend, everyone!