For Mother’s Day a few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post with gift ideas for brand new moms. (I wrote a second post with additional ideas for Beyond Yoga’s blog.). With Father’s Day on the near horizon, I thought I’d put together a similar post — this time a Father’s Day gift guide for guys who will be celebrating their first Father’s Day later this month. We don’t want to leave them out, after all!
Plus, if your guy is anything like my husband, he’s been crazy involved as a new dad, and so he likely needs some new gear to help keep things moving during this new chapter.
So here goes — a few gift recommendations for those new dads out there:
- Fulton & Roark solid cologne. It’s pocketable, it won’t break or leak like a liquid cologne might, and it smells amazing. (My fragrance recommendation: Shackleford.) What new dad doesn’t need a product like this in his life to keep him smelling his best even though life’s a little crazier these days? (Disclaimer: My husband is the co-founder of this company. That said, I’d be a fan even if he wasn’t one of the masterminds behind this stuff!) Bonus: There’s an F&R Dapper Dad promo going on right now. Enter to win now!
- A top-of-the-line travel coffee mug (like this one!). Coffee is beyond essential to any new parent, but sometimes having a kiddo around means it can take a whole lot longer to drink in the morning. Gift a new dad with a quality mug that will keep his coffee hot for hours, whether he drinks it at home, in the car, or in the office.
- A new watch to keep things on schedule. There’s nothing like introducing a kid into the mix to make timing extra critical. Why not help him keep track of things in style with a watch like this handsome MVMT one?
- A fun illustrated family portrait. Instead of the standard family photo, why not mix things up with a custom illustrated option for his office (something like this, perhaps)?
- Rubber car mats to make baby messes easier to clean up. Babies are messy. All of them are. But there’s no reason for a new dad’s car to stay messy, too. Gift him with rubber mats that are made specifically for his vehicle to make car clean up a breeze!