It’s the first Friday in June, which means I’m approaching the last weekend of my maternity leave. [Insert crying face emoji here. Not the single tear one — the tears-streaming-down-the-smiley-face one.] I can’t believe these weeks I’ve gotten to spend exclusively with my girl are coming to an end.
To attempt to distract myself from this reality of re-entering the real world (and kicking off the “How in the world am I going to juggle it all??” phase), I’ve put together a few Friday Favorites for this week. Nothing like some good old denial every now and then, right? (Ugh.)
Here’s what I’ve rounded up to share this week:
- My diaper bag is the bomb. I’ve been using it (I have the black one) for two months now, and I looooove this bag. It has the perfect amount of pockets (just enough, but not too many), and the black fabric and gold detailing make it something I’m proud to carry around. After all, this bag is both my purse and Maggie’s essentials these days, so it’s nice to have one I really adore. For those of you putting together baby registries, I highly recommend considering this bag to add to yours!
- The Aerie swimwear collection this season is too cute! I can’t wait to snag something from there. I’m torn between a Scoop Piping Bikini, the Scoop Pineapple Bikini, and a Crop Ring Bikini Top. So many good options! (Oh, and don’t miss the cover ups. Lots of cute choices there as well.)
- This Endangered Species Chocolate is delicious AND supports a good cause. 10% of profits from this chocolate are donated to support non-profits that protect and preserve wildlife. Oh, and the chocolate is SO good. I especially enjoy the Dark Chocolate with Cacao Nibs (72% cocoa). I find mine at my local Whole Foods! (Plus, BestProducts.com named it among the 15 best dark chocolate bars out there, among some of my other favorites like Mast Brothers Chocolate.)
- Beautycounter’s Protect All Over sunscreen (SPF 30) is going to be on repeat all summer long. It smells great, goes on like a lotion rather than a sunscreen (it even hydrates your skin like a lotion), and it’s made of good stuff. This will definitely be my go-to SPF as the weather continues to heat up!
- Last, but definitely not least, the Pure Barre Pure Health Challenge (through the Winston-Salem and Clemmons studios) kicks off this weekend, and it’s going to be amazing. It’s all about complete health — incorporating healthy living elements beyond just workouts — and starting the summer off strong by giving yourself the right motivation and focus. I can’t wait to be a part of this challenge! Winston friends: Be sure to get signed up today if you want to join in on the fun.
Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you!