This Friday is an EXTRA good one since we have a three-day holiday weekend ahead of us. Wahoo! This weekend, my sister and brother-in-law will be in town from South Carolina visiting Kevin and me (and bringing their pup, Piper, along to hang with Fulton), and we can’t wait to see them. I see some grilling in our future, for sure…
In the meantime, I have some links to share with y’all on this lovely Friday afternoon:
- I’ve been drinking Teami Blends tea for the past couple of months, and have loved it! I’ve done the 30-day detox and love both the Teami Skinny and Teami Colon. The teas taste great, and I’ve definitely felt positive effects, like an increase in energy level, a decrease in appetite, and a decrease in bloating. (Have any of y’all tried Teami? If so, what are your thoughts?)
- Since I’ve been drinking Teami (Teami Skinny in particular, since it’s a loose-leaf tea), I’ve been wishing for a more portable way to enjoy my tea. I found a solution I’m SUPER excited about in the Aladdin Perfect Cup Tea Infuser. This travel-friendly cup is awesome. You fill the basket with tea (either bagged or loose leaves) and then fill the cup with hot water. When you’re ready to brew your tea, you push a little lever that lowers the basket into the water. Then, when your tea is done steeping, just lift the lever to remove the tea from the water. (Only $19.99 on Amazon, too. Score!)
- This week marked my first week as a Pure Barre instructor! I’m teaching at both the Reynolda and Clemmons studios, and am loving it so far. Please come join me for class if you live in the area!
- I wanted to try a new dessert recipe for Susan and Marty’s visit this weekend, and went with Oh She Glow’s One Bowl Double Chocolate Chunk Vegan Cookies. They are SO good, y’all! The oatmeal flour gives them a great texture, and the coconut oil ads just the right flavor to the super chocolatey goodness. I highly recommend this recipe!
- I don’t know why I haven’t taken advantage of the delicious lunch menu at Krankies Coffee until recently (they’re JUST down the street from my office), but now that I’ve experienced it I’m certainly going to be frequenting the spot. The salad special this past Wednesday — The Mother Salad — was right up my alley. (Just look how pretty it is!)
- Okay, y’all. I have quite the throwback to share with you. Back in high school — at Center Grove High School in Greenwood, Indiana — I was in an all-girls show choir called The Debtones. (Show choir was BIG in the Midwest, which was new for our family having moved there from Atlanta.) Anyway, I happened upon this video on YouTube recently of our show from my sophomore year of high school. Take a gander and see if you can spot 15-year-old Anna. (Hint: She has big hair. But then, everyone does…):
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, everyone!