It’s Friday, and over here at Curiouser & Curiouser that means it’s time for me to share some gems from the lovely interwebs. Here’s what’s caught my eye recently:
- Y’all. Aziz Ansari’s new Netflix show, Master of None, is SO GOOD! I’m only a couple of episodes in, but I’m such a fan already. Please add this to your queue!
- Food52, my trusted source for all things culinary, was raving about a vegan (but not “weird vegan”) chocolate chip cookie recipe and so, naturally, I had to give it a try and share the outcome with my pals at the office. The result? Deliciousness. Of course. Recipe FTW, Food52, per usual. (In fact, I’ve made two batches already.)
- This story about doppelgangers randomly sitting next to each other on a flight to Ireland recently made me wonder if there’s someone out there who’s my twin, too. That thought led me to this site that helps you track down your twin strangers around the world. Pretty cool stuff! Has anyone tried this?
- Um…I am definitely going to use my spiralizer to make curly fries in the near-ish future. YUM!
Before we get to these next two bullet points, I’d like to point out that I’m a staunch believer in Christmas things starting AFTER Thanksgiving. (I’m glad to see that one of my favorite retailers, Nordstrom, is with me on this.) So yes, these next two links are related to Christmas, which kind of goes against my philosophy, but I just had to go ahead and share so I won’t forget to do so.
- While I do enjoy the sentimentality that’s part of the Christmas season, I tend to get a bit overwhelmed with the influx of sugary-sweet Christmas ads that start rolling in this time of year. That’s why I’m a big fan of Hallmark’s holiday video campaign, which takes a much-needed departure from their standard oh-so-sweet approach:
- Speaking of fun holiday ads, please check out this one (the newest installment in the Anna Kendrick for Kate Spade series):
What’s everyone up to this weekend? Kevin and I are looking forward to having his parents in town visiting this weekend, along with their adorable pup, Cholupa Batman. We love when our favorite folks come visit us in Winston!
Happy weekending, everyone…