(Is it weird to talk about bras on my blog? I’ve become a little desensitized about bra talk, since Kevin works in marketing at Hanes in the bra department. There’s lots of bra conversation in our lives these days, so I’m pretty well desensitized.)
This season of sunshine also brings with it a conundrum: what to wear under those tanks, rompers, and dresses? There are so many adorable summer clothes that require bras that need to be part of the outfit because the straps and/or back will be visible.
Thankfully, these days there are lots of options when it comes to these bras (kind of like a bra meets cami, in many ways). My go-to is the “bralette,” which doesn’t offer too much support for you more well-endowed ladies, but is SO comfy and is the perfect way to solve this summer clothing challenge.
Here are a few perfect-for-summertime bras that have caught my eye:
- Kimchi Blue All Over Scalloped Lace Bralette (Urban Outfitters). I actually own — and LOVE — this bralette. It works great under a couple of maxi dresses and rompers I have, in particular.
- Never Say Never Sweetie Soft Bra (Cosabella). This one comes highly recommended by Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere (a great blog you should totally check out if you’re not familiar with it), so I know I can trust it. Plus, it comes in SO MANY AMAZING COLORS. Choosing which color you want most is the hardest part!
- Seamless Strappy Back Bralette (Free People). I love the back of this one, and know it would work well with lots of summer outfits. It comes in several great seasonal colors as well.
- Romantic Lace Triangle Bralette (Aerie). I don’t have any bralettes from Aerie, but my very favorite everyday bra is from there. And how cute is this bralette?
- Caged Back Triangle Bralette (Victoria’s Secret). I have a black caged back bralette that’s perfect for certain outfits, and would highly recommend adding one to your summer wardrobe if you don’t have one. This one is especially fun in the back!
- Seamless Strappy Bralette (Forever 21). Here’s another (very inexpensive!) version of a caged back bralette.
- Darling Lace Bralette (Privilege Clothing). This Canadian-based boutique does a great job of curating in-style items, and this cute bralette is no exception.
- Lightly Lined Racerback Bralette (Aerie). Here’s another Aerie offering that’s super cute. (I was impressed with all of Aerie’s awesome bralette options!)
What are your go-to summertime bras?
One thought on “8 Perfect Summer Bras”
Almost all of these tips are just so amazing to live up to summer season. Loved the thin layer idea….this one is absolutely I wold love to adhere to.
Thanks for sharing.