Life is good, and there are a lot of awesome things on the horizon. Here are just a few:
- Tonight I’m finally seeing a movie at Aperture, the independent movie theater here in town. Not only is that part exciting (I’ve been wanting to go since before we moved here), but I’m also thrilled that we’re seeing Moonrise Kingdom, the latest Wes Anderson film that I’ve been anxious to see for a while now.
- I’m on the board of a non-profit called Poverty is Real, an organization that puts on concerts in order to raise money to fight poverty in various communities. This year, we have four shows scheduled — and the first is happening this weekend at Eddie’s Attic in Decatur, Georgia. The three-day concert series will feature wonderful local artists and all money raised goes to support Decatur Cooperative Ministry. Last year, we were able to raise $6,000 for DCM, and this year we’ve upped our goal to $10,000. (Next up: Asheville on September 8.) Please join us!
- The Olympics are starting. This WEEKEND! Enough said.
- My lovely friends Vicky and Tyler are getting married this September! I met them both (and witnessed the beginning of their relationship) in grad school, and Vicky was a bridesmaid in my wedding last year. They’re pretty adorable, and I know their big day will be amazing. (Thanks so much for including us in the celebration!)
- My parents, sister, Marty (my sister’s boyfriend), Kevin, and I are all traveling to New York City this November to spend a weekend together. It’s been a while since I’ve been to NYC, and I can’t wait to explore the city with my wonderful family!
What super cool stuff is happening soon in your life?