If you’ve been part of the curiouser & curiouser community for a while, the term “wardrobe challenge” might ring a bell. Every few months, this is something I like to do to force myself to be a bit more mindful about what’s in my closet. Here’s the overview:
For a month (this time the month of November):
- I can’t re-wear any outfits.*
- I can’t buy any new clothes.
*Clothing items like pants, shoes, workout clothes, etc. can be re-worn, just to clarify, but tops, dresses, and skirts cannot be re-worn.
I do this for a couple of reasons:
- To wear a broader array of the clothing I have in my closet rather than reaching for the same five-ish outfits again and again each season.
- To keep me from mindlessly shopping to add new items to my wardrobe.
- To identify pieces of clothing I’ve been hanging onto that just aren’t me/I just don’t wear so I can donate or sell those pieces.
In the past, I’ve housed lots of my wardrobe challenge details here on my blog, and while I might be sharing weekly updates (or perhaps an end-of-month recap) here, I’ll be moving the “day-to-day operations,” so to speak, over to Instagram this time.
I’d love for you to follow along with my challenge — and maybe even participate yourself if you’re interested! (If you do want to participate, please use the following hashtag if you post about the challenge so we can all follow along: #wardrobechallenge1119) Certainly don’t feel like you have to post photos to be part of the challenge, and also don’t feel like you have to stick hard and fast to the rules. I want this to be a fun and helpful exercise for us all.
I’ll be posting my outfits each day in my stories, and will save those to a highlight reel in my feed that I’ve created just for the challenge so you can follow along there.
What do you think? Are you interested in being part of the challenge this month? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!