I’m SO EXCITED, y’all: Tonight is BEN FOLDS NIGHT! He’s coming to perform at The Ramkat, and Kevin and I have had tickets since the morning they went on sale. He’s a favorite of ours AND — fun fact — is a Winston-Salem native, so we’re sure it will be a fun show.
As a little Ben Folds pre-game, I thought I’d share some favorites here on the blog! Here are a few things I’ve been loving lately:
- First up: my favorite new podcast series, Dolly Parton’s America. Kevin and I have often discussed how Dolly Parton has to be the most unifying person around, and it turns out it’s true! This nine-episode series (only two have been released so far) is a peek into this amazing woman’s life and the huge cultural impact she’s had during her long career.
- I haven’t seen all the sketches listed in this Washington Post article, “The 20 defining comedy sketches of the past 20 years,” but I’ve seen a LOT of them, and this list was a fun trip down memory lane. Check it out and see which you recognize — and enjoy watching the ones that are new to you as well!
- I’ve written about my adoration of The New York Times’ Modern Love essays before (I’ve loved them for years), and now THERE’S A SHOW VERSION on Amazon! (Disclaimer: I haven’t watched it yet BUT have heard it’s incredible from several reliable sources. It’s up next on my watch list — right after I finish Outlander, which is sooooo good, too.)
- I don’t talk about Beautycounter too often on my blog, but had to include it in today’s post. On Wednesday evening, a 10% off promo code surfaced (it had been shared on a podcast), and it’s valid for ANYTHING on the site through tonight at midnight PST. Coupon codes from HQ are already rare, and a code that’s good for anything without exclusions? A unicorn. Shop here if you’re interested in taking advantage of the savings, and enter the code (YFT) at checkout to see those savings applied. (Not sure where to start? Take my brief skincare survey and I’ll send personalized recommendations straight to your inbox!)
- I love Made by Mary’s jewelry, and have a few pieces (including two chokers I adore!). I especially love their Poppy collection (and had no idea the poppy was one of August’s birth flowers). How pretty is this necklace?
- Fellow mamas: If you’re looking for some educational elements you can incorporate at home, education.com is a great resource! They have printable worksheets, online games, and more, and you can filter resources based on your child’s age.
- Our new Pure Barre studio, Pure Barre Stratford Road, officially opened this week! (It’s right by Village Juice across from Thruway Shopping Center.) If you’ve wanted to try Pure Barre and live in Winston, now is THE TIME. Hope to see you at this gorgeous new studio soon!
Have a great weekend! (Tell me what you’re up to in the comments!)