Happy first Friday in April!
To celebrate, I have a smattering of things I’ve been loving lately.
Shall we dive right in? (I’m feeling rather concise today…):
- Kevin and I watched two amazing movies recently: The Girl With All The Gifts and A Star Is Born. I’m sure you’ve heard of (and probably seen) A Star Is Born — the movie with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga that has a killer soundtrack and has been getting so much buzz. If you haven’t seen it, make sure you do! (I want to watch the earlier versions of that film now.) The Girl With All The Gifts is a 2016 movie I hadn’t heard of, but we ended up LOVING it. It’s a zombie movie (don’t tune out if you’re not a zombie fan), but in such a different way. I don’t want to share more about it, but just…watch it. I think you’ll love it. (P.S. You can take my word when it comes to sci fi recommendations, for what it’s worth. I’m not going to lead you astray!)
- My friend Simi Botic always has the right words at the right time, and I especially loved a blog post she shared this week. It dives into attachment: What things are we needlessly clinging onto — and letting define us — that we should be releasing instead? (Oh, and if you haven’t read Simi’s book, Letting Go Of Leo: How I Broke Up With Perfection, definitely make that happen.)
- Have you heard that there’s a Brené Brown special coming to Netflix? It comes out on April 19, and I cannot WAIT!
- I read the memoir Not Fade Away several months ago, and it made such an impact on me. I was thrilled to learn there’s likely a movie version in the works!
- Um…these kitchen scrubbing gloves look AMAZING!