Today on the blog, I’m addressing my latest Ask Anna question. (Thank you to those of you who have submitted questions so far! As a reminder, here’s what Ask Anna is all about, and here’s where you can submit a question for me to answer.)
My latest question:
What’s your everyday makeup routine? I know it must be quick and easy since you have a toddler, but you always look so put together! I don’t really know where to start with makeup, so would love any suggestions you have.
Well. First of all, thank you for the compliment about me looking put together! I think that, to your point, lots of that has to do with the fact that my everyday makeup routine is FAST.
It will come as no surprise to anyone, I’m sure, to learn that my makeup routine at this point is made up 100% of Beautycounter products — and not just because I’m a consultant. When I first joined the company a couple of years ago, there were lots of good makeup options (in fact, the product that made me fall in love with the brand is a makeup item!), but the line wasn’t all that robust and some of the products were just solidly okay from a performance standpoint. Fast forward to 2019, and Beautycounter has MAJORLY stepped up their makeup game over the past few months. Everything is so great, and perfect for a quick, everyday routine that keeps you looking good all day.
(Not sure what Beautycounter is? It’s a skincare and makeup brand that uses clean ingredients to create safe products that are also super effective.)
If you feel overwhelmed by where to start when it comes to makeup, a great first step in making the switch to clean beauty products is with our Flawless in Five makeup set. You get six products — Tint Skin Foundation, Touchup Skin Concealer Pen, the choice between a Color Define Brow Pencil or our amazing new Brilliant Brow Gel, a Lengthening Mascara or Volumizing Mascara (your choice), Satin Powder Blush, and Lip Gloss — all of which you can buy individually, too, but this set saves you money. (It’s $187 worth of products for $150, and right now it also comes with a free Retractable Foundation Brush to help make the Tint Skin super easy to apply.)
Okay, ready to see my everyday makeup routine in action? Here goes!:
(I use several products mentioned in the above Flawless in Five set, but here’s everything listed separately in case you see me talk about anything you’re interested in!):
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer + Tint Skin Foundation: I ALWAYS use Dew Skin, and many days will add a touch of Tint Skin to the mix as well for just a liiiiittle extra coverage. I wear Dew Skin No. 2 and Linen Tint Skin.
- Mattifying Powder: My skin is on the dry side, but I still love this stuff on my eyes to help hold eye makeup in place! If your skin is oily, consider this your new best friend. It’s incredible, and will help control oil throughout the day and keep your makeup looking great.
- Color Outline Eye Pencil: The Brown (more bronzy, almost) color is my absolute favorite, and I think it complements my coloring well. I use this nearly every day! (We also have a beautiful liquid liner option if that’s more your speed…)
- Eyeshadow: I jump around between palettes a decent amount, but my go-to these days is the Classic Palette. (Iconic is another fave!)
- Lengthening Mascara + Volumizing Mascara: I prefer using BOTH mascaras together to get the benefits of each. I start with a coat or two of the Lengthening Mascara to, well, lengthen (and separate) my lashes, then follow with a coat or two of the Volumizing Mascara to plump them up. (If you’re just grabbing one mascara — like with the Flawless in Five set — I recommend going with Volumizing.)
- Brilliant Brow Gel: I couldn’t be more in love with this new product. It’s easy to use and adds subtle yet noticeable definition to your face by adding pigment and hold to your brows. (I wear Medium, and it also comes in clear if you just want control without color!)
- Blush: I love both our powder and cream blush options. On the Satin Powder Blush front, my go-to shades are Guava and Nectar. In this video, I used the Caramel Color Pinch Cream Blusher, which is GORGEOUS on everyone and so easy to apply and blend.
- Luminous Powder Highlighter: Someone described highlighter to me this way, and I love it: “It’s like walking around with an Instagram filter on your face all day.” It gives your face a little extra glow. Who doesn’t want that?
- Lip Gloss: I can’t get enough of our lip glosses. They wear so well, smell great, aren’t sticky, and are, of course, made of great ingredients. My favorite shades are Rosewood, Azalea, and Dahlia.
- No. 2 Plumping Facial Mist: This is a great way to set makeup and freshen up midday while also helping to plump your skin and fight lines/wrinkles. (There’s another one geared toward brightening skin, and a third that’s great for those looking to control oil!)
One thought on “Ask Anna: What’s Your Everyday Makeup Routine?”