It’s Friday, and it’s definitively fall. (FINALLY.) I love it.
This has been a whirlwind of a week, in the best way. Highlights include:
- getting a SCOBY from a friend so we can start brewing our own kombucha (wish us luck!)
- trying out a new Malaysian place (as some of you know, I taught English in Malaysia after college, so this restaurant was a little trip down memory lane — and I loved that they had roti on the menu!)
- Maggie (always — but especially in a cat hat)
Sigh. Now I miss Maggie.
Let’s move on to some favorites, shall we?:
- I’m kind of obsessed with this Ruched Body-Con Tank Dress by Leith from Nordstrom. I just feel like it would be adorable paired with an oversized cardigan (like this one!). Right? Now help me decide what color to go with. I’m thinking Tan Dusk Heather…
- I snagged these super cute and super comfy sneaks from Target earlier this week and I’m such a fan! I love items like this that are pretty basic with just a little bit of flair.
- Speaking of Target finds…these gray moto jeans are SO cute and comfy! I wore them yesterday with the bow sneakers above, and they paired really nicely.
- The Pure Barre Pure Health Challenge kicks off on Monday (and the first meal plan came out yesterday — check out my sneak peek post from Wednesday if you missed it)! Are you signed up?? I’m ready to LTB my way to a strong finish to 2017!
- And here’s one for you fellow working new mamas out there. This LeanIn.org article titled “When All You Feel is Guilt: A Letter to New Working Moms” was one of those pieces that made me feel very much like part of a community. Obviously, lots of other women deal with these emotions, but it’s always nice to see it articulated like it is here. I could especially relate to this: “I want you to know that I know how it feels. I know how it feels to feel guilty as you dry your hair in the morning and the baby watches you from a bouncy seat…I know the fatigue that sets in when all you feel is guilty…” Some days it hits harder than others. If you’re a new mama back at work, too, save this for one of those harder days.