I’m excited for this week’s Friday Favorites! I mean, I’m excited EVERY week, but this week I’ve rounded up SO. Many. Good. Things.
But before we get to those, a quick recap of the week.
Kevin’s been out of town this week, so I’ve been single momming it, with the help of our village (namely our friend Micheal, who graciously watched Maggie THREE evenings for me this past week so I could teach Pure Barre). You’re the best, Aunt Shell!
Also, shout out to all the single parents out there (or to the parents whose partners travel frequently for work). This stuff is NOT for the faint of heart. Even though nothing crazy happened this week, and even though Maggie’s an easygoing baby, knowing that it was all on me felt like a lot to handle in some moments.
Okay, on to the Friday Favorites that I’m so very excited about.
Let’s start with the adorable stuff, smallest first:
- I’ve raved about the brand Albion Fit here before (I especially love their Antigua Romper, and wear the heck out of it all summer long), and now have even more reason to adore the brand. These LITTLE GIRL ROMPERS. Stop with the cuteness! I want to go ahead and snag one for Maggie!
- I’m obsessed with all things Rifle Paper Co. (their phone cases are always a go-to for me, in particular), but I only recently learned about their partnership with Keds to create oh-so cute Rifle Paper Co. shoes. Ohmygoodness. They’re beautiful!
- If you follow me on Instagram, you know I love me some Village Juice Co., and probably average a lunch there just about once a week. (And if you’ve eaten at Village Juice Co., you certainly understand my obsession.) I was thrilled to learn earlier this week that the restaurant will be opening a second Winston location (downtown, this time!), likely in early 2018. Ahhhh!
- Okay, so I haven’t actually had the opportunity to try a Freaky Health Chocolate bar yet, but I have a strong feeling I’d love them. I DO know I love the concept: using superfoods and tonic herbs in chocolate bars to make the treats amazingly healthy. Oh, and all their bars are free of processed sugar, dairy, nuts, wheat, eggs, and soy. I can’t wait to try some! I need to place an order soon…
- I’ve loved all the Minimalist Baker recipes I’ve tried (I sometimes dream about her tasty Toasted Coconut Pancakes, which I make often at our house), and her latest one — a Roasted Cauliflower Taco recipe — sounds divine. All her recipes are super simple, and the majority are also vegan and gluten free. I can’t wait to try this one!
- Last (but most certainly not least), Beautycounter released some new products this week, including a Volumizing Mascara that I’m pretty obsessed with. It reminds me of my other (now former!) mascara love, Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. the Beautycounter version not only makes my lashes nice and thick, it also STAYS PUT — which as many of you know does not always happen with mascaras. (It’s easy to remove at the end of the day, though, so it’s kind of a best-of-both-worlds situation.) I’m a Beautycounter consultant, as y’all know, so let me know if you’re interested in this mascara! I’d love to help you place an order. (Also, if you’re interested in joining my Beautycounter Facebook group, where I post about product launches, promos I’m running, tips and tricks, and more, I’d love to have you!)
Have a great weekend! (We’re headed to the BEACH tomorrow, and will be there a whole week this time. Wahoo!)
One thought on “Friday Favorites (August 18, 2017)”
I love my Maggiegirl! 💜💜