Another Friday, and you know what that means — it’s Friday Favorites time over here at Curiouser & Curiouser!
Kevin and I have enjoyed another week with our Maggie-girl. (I can’t believe it’s been three weeks already since we got to meet her! She’s getting more fun and interactive by the day.) We loved having Kevin’s parents in town last weekend to help us celebrate Maggie’s first Easter, too.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of our girl from this past week:
Another highlight from this past week was getting cleared by my midwife to start taking Pure Barre classes again. I’d missed them so much, and it’s felt amazing to get back to the barre. Because I’d taken classes so late into my pregnancy (I took class until midway through my 41st week), it was easy to get back to it. I’ve been SO incredibly thankful for this workout for years, and having it to rely on throughout my pregnancy and now during my postpartum phase has only reinforced that more.
Now on to my Friday Favorites!:
- My friend Micheal (pronounced “Michelle”) makes THE BEST FUDGE. It’s incredible. It’s her mom’s recipe, and she makes it for special events (and sometimes just because, which is SUCH a treat). It melts in your mouth and is truly memorable. Thankfully for everyone out there, she just launched an Etsy store to sell her fudge. If you have an event coming up and are looking for a favor, this is the perfect thing! (I mean, come on. How can you resist this stuff?):
- I picked up a few books to read while I’m on maternity leave, and among them are a couple by Liane Moriarty, the Australian author who penned Big Little Lies, among many other books. I’m about three-quarters of the way through Three Wishes, which is about a set of triplet sisters, and am loving it so far. (Big Little Lies is up next!) I’ve had several friends recommend this author and was glad to finally dive into one of her books.
- I LOVE having fresh flowers at the house, and try to replenish our supply every weekend. My go-to flower source is, hands down, Trader Joe’s. They always have a beautiful selection (much better than any other grocery store I’ve seen) at great prices. Their flowers tend to last a long time, too, which is another plus!
- Kevin and I have been enjoying Green Chef (thanks for the free trial, Michelle and Alex!) this week. We’ve been impressed with the quality of the food, and I feel like the recipes are quicker and easier to prep than other meal subscription services I’ve tried. Plus, the ingredients are all organic, so we feel great about things from that perspective as well. Here’s the Arroz Con Pollo we made Wednesday night. Yum!:
- Beautycounter is having a great promo that’s running through the end of April (details here), and I have a special personal promotion good through the end of the month as well if you place an order through my site (a free full-sized nourishing cream cleanser to anyone who makes a purchase of $50 or more OR the nourishing cream cleanser and a full-sized nourishing cream exfoliator with a purchase of $100 or more). It’s a great time to stock up on favorites, try something new, or go ahead and snag a gift for Mother’s Day!
- These pink Nikes? WANT! (Definitely don’t need. But want.)
Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend ahead!