Time for Friday Favorites, y’all! But first — a few favorite photos of Maggie from this week. (I know, I know. But I’m a first-time mom and she’s SO CUTE AND TINY! I just can’t fight the surge of picture-taking-and-sharing hormones.):
Okay, now we can get on to my favorites for this week:
- I treated myself to these adorable Nikes just after Maggie was born and am so glad I did! I knew she and I would be taking many walks in the weeks to come, and these are the perfect kicks for that kind of outing. (Plus, I feel like it’s absurdly hard to find cute, simple black sneakers, so when I saw these I just had to pull the trigger.)
- While my sister, Susan, was in town this past week (she spent Tuesday and Wednesday here with us and it was so much fun!), she and I whipped up a batch of this popcorn I’d read about on a friend’s Instagram. It is SO GOOD! I plan on making another batch of it this afternoon.
- Pop 5 cups air-popped popcorn (I used this Thrive Market brand and popped it with coconut oil — yum!).
- Toss with 2 Tablespoons melted butter (I used ghee) and 1/4 cup maple syrup to coat kernels.
- Add a generous amount of cinnamon to taste, along with four packets of Stevia (I used Whole Earth sweetener, which is a Stevia/monk fruit combo), 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1 Tablespoon chia seeds, and 1 Tablespoon flax seeds. I had some pine nuts, so I threw in some of those as well. Toss to coat evenly.
- Top off with kosher salt to taste, and enjoy by the handful!
- A recent obsession of mine is sleeping with a silk pillowcase. I’d read about how it’s so much better for your skin and hair than a traditional pillowcase, and so I snagged this inexpensive one from Amazon to give it a try. I’m totally sold, and at some point would love to upgrade to a nicer version (like this one, which I’ve heard great things about).
- These Kirkland brand protein bars from Costco have been a favorite of mine for a while, but I love them even more these days, when sometimes I just need a nourishing snack pronto. I keep a couple (along with a few Larabars — also a fave) in Maggie’s diaper bag as well as in my purse so I’ll have them on hand if needed. With just one gram of sugar, 190 calories, and 21 grams of protein, I feel good about eating these. (The chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is the best, as far as I’m concerned, but the brownie kind is good, too!)
- I made a batch of these funfetti cookies for our Easter egg hunt this weekend and was reminded of how, well, FUN they are! I thought they seemed like an especially springy treat.
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend ahead! Kevin’s parents are coming in town for the weekend, and we have an Easter egg hunt and a 2-year-old’s birthday party on our calendar as well. (Wow — I do sound like a mom, huh?) 🙂