While I’m still trying to make the most of this pre-baby time, I’ve found that at this point — 41 weeks, five days — I’ve officially entered the “over it” stage. I still don’t feel physically uncomfortable or anything, but nothing sounds fun to do. Having a low-key day doesn’t feel especially inviting, but keeping busy is not what I’m in the mood for, either. I’m still working, and that’s a good distraction, but it’s also been hard to stay motivated on that front.
Here’s how I’ve been biding my time over the last few days during the hours I’m not at work. (You know, in addition to all the things you’re supposed to do to get labor going.) Get ready for an EXCITING list — ha!:
- Watching Season 3 of Grace and Frankie on Netflix
- Watching The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story on Netflix
- Baking this super-easy French bread
- Walking around Reynolda Village
- Walking around our neighborhood
- Walking up and down our stairs
- Going to Pure Barre (because why not, if I still feel up to it?)
- Working on some freelance assignments
- Not doing yard work (Kevin’s been busy with that recently!)
So yeah — super thrilling stuff happening over here while we’re in waiting mode! 🙂 The good news is, all looks great with the baby, so we’re just biding our time and hoping she comes on her own. If not, we have a forced eviction — ahem, scheduled induction — on the calendar for Friday afternoon.
Hopefully my next post will include a birth-related baby update!!!
One thought on “Things You Can Do While Waiting On A Baby”
Your face is priceless! And Fulton makes a cameo =)