Can y’all believe this time next week Thanksgiving will be over? Good grief! This year is flying by. It’s been so fun to imagine what our lives will look like this time next year as we prepare for our first holiday season as parents. I just can’t wait to meet this baby girl and get to know her!
But thinking much more near-term, I’m looking forward to this weekend, which will be full of Pure Barre time (duh) as well as dinner with friends tonight and a Friendsgiving celebration on Sunday evening. So many fun things to anticipate! I hope you guys have a great weekend planned, too.
Okay, on to my favorites for this week*.
(*These were all happy distractions from the lingering political hangover I still have after last week’s election results were announced. I’m sure many of you can identify with this feeling all too well, too. I’m looking forward to getting involved with some local organizations that are brainstorming ways to band together to stand up for issues we collectively believe in and want to ensure are part of our society. Stay tuned!)
And…Friday Favorites, GO!:
- Fulton & Roark released their latest product this week — an amazing smelling candle (just in time for you to add it to your list of holiday gift ideas). Seriously, though — these candles smell incredible and I love the simplicity of the design as well.
- Winston-Salem’s Crafted taco restaurant is officially open! (They have been for a couple of weeks, but I hadn’t been until this past Wednesday.) So tasty, and the space is lovely.
- This Food52 cauliflower soup recipe, which I cannot WAIT to try, comes highly recommended by my pal Bethany. Some of its selling points: it has just THREE ingredients, and Bethany swears it tastes like it’s full of butter and cream despite being devoid of both. Um, yes, please.
- I’ve had two Stitch Fix fixes so far that have included maternity pieces, and so far I’ve been quite impressed. I love that they also select some items that are non-maternity but totally work during pregnancy (like open cardigans or structured blazers). So far I’ve opted to keep a pair of dark-wash skinny maternity jeans and some awesome suede maternity leggings. I can’t wait for my next fix!
- These High-Rise Cut Out Chaturanga Tights by Athleta. So in love!
- Looking for a Thanksgiving dessert that’s a new take on a classic? I have you covered. This cinnamon roll apple pie is to DIE for. It was a major hit at the dessert table during our office Thanksgiving celebration yesterday.
Happy weekend eve!