What a beautiful fall week it’s been here in Winston-Salem! I’m looooooving it. These chilly mornings make warm beverages taste even better (my morning drink of choice these days is decaf black tea with some almond milk — yum!), and I’m even okay with the sun going down earlier. I was just ready for FALL.
This weekend, I’ll be spending lots of time at the Pure Barre studio, doing some much-needed house cleaning, and just laying low a bit, which I’m pumped about. I’m currently reading (and loving) The Nightingale and can’t wait to curl up with it this weekend.
(For those of you in the path of Hurricane Matthew, or with family members who live on the coast, please stay safe this weekend.)
Time to get to my Friday Favorites! Here are a few things I’ve been loving this week:
- Let’s lead with the baked goods, shall we? I whipped up a batch of these Pumpkin Latte Donuts (a recipe by PaleOMG, who always has tasty things on her site) for our debate crew (Kevin and me plus two good friends) to enjoy during Tuesday night’s VP debate. The verdict? I’m pretty sure the donuts won. (SO good. And the almond butter/honey/pumpkin spice icing? YUM.) As a note, the recipe calls for using a donut maker, but I don’t have one. I had good luck baking the donuts in my donut pan at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, and I got eight donuts out of my batch.
- I am full-on obsessed with this lemur:
- I’d been eyeing these black Alo Moto Leggings for months now, and so when they went on sale (25% off!) at Nordstrom this past week, I just had to pull the trigger and snag a pair. I’m glad I did — they sold out of my size that same afternoon. I can’t wait for them to arrive!
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a great perspective on life that she articulated so eloquently in her recent New York Times opinion piece.
- After hearing my bestie Bethany rave about The West Wing for years, I’ve FINALLY started watching the show…and it’s amazing. So very good. Bethany and I were having a conversation earlier this week and she sent me this clip from The West Wing — a scene between characters Josh and Leo — and I just love it. I’ve kept the tab open on my computer all week and have watched it periodically, so I knew I had to share it with y’all: