I’m always amazed by how many clever kitchen tools exist out there. There seriously seems like there’s a gadget for any kitchen task you’ve ever thought of — and some that never crossed your mind.
I try not to get too carried away with kitchen tool craziness, because although I’m a definite fan of convenience, I’m also NOT a fan of clutter. The last thing I want is my kitchen drawers and cabinets crammed full of items that just get used from time to time. (For example, this hot dog slicer is never going to make its way into our kitchen.)
That said, I’m all for incorporating some new items that will be super useful and that Kevin and/or I will use pretty regularly. Here are some tools that I think would totally fit that bill. (Disclaimer: I don’t currently own any of these appliances or tools, so I can’t speak to their quality or convenience personally, but they seem quite awesomely handy.):
- Coffee spoon/bag clip combo. I must get one of these. So affordable, and such a great idea.
- Silicone Bowl Set. These flexible cups seem ideal for pouring batter, whether into a cupcake tin or onto a pancake griddle.
- Chop Wizard. Yes, please.
- Pineapple Corer. I am SO bad at slicing pineapple, and always feel like I leave so much fruit on the peel in the process. My sister and brother-in-law have one of these corers, and it’s like magic watching the process. Plus, you’re left with a perfectly hollowed out pineapple that you can then serve the chopped pineapple in or go super tropical and serve an umbrella-adorned cocktail in it.
- Rub Away Bar. Because who wants onion-smelling hands?
- Clip-On Pouring Spout. I often feel like I need a second set of hands when I’m trying to drain water from a pot or pour a pot or bowl’s contents into a difference container. This gadget would be an incredible help in those instances.
- Cake Batter Dispenser. With as much baking as I do, I can see myself using this tool pretty frequently. Think about it: No more ugly batter bits along the rim of a cupcake liner. Score! (It’s the little things, right?)
What are some of your favorite kitchen gadgets that you find yourself reaching for again and again?