In North Carolina, summertime is here to stay, and I couldn’t be more excited. Not only do the warm weather and longer days make me oh-so happy, but the spring weather means I can once again enjoy warm-weather foods/drinks like iced coffee, smoothies, and overnight oatmeal. SWEET.
It also means I need to switch up my snack game, incorporating some more seasonally appropriate offerings. Here are five healthy snacks that top my list this time of year:
- siggi’s Icelandic-style yogurt. I’ve sung the praises of this protein-packed snack (14 grams per serving!) before, but needed to include it here as well, for obvious reasons. siggi’s can be enjoyed on their own (I especially recommend their coconut flavor), or can be mixed into a smoothie, combined with nuts or granola, enjoyed with fresh fruit, and more.
- Peppadew peppers or cherry tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese. So simple, and so very good! Sprinkle with some shredded basil for extra seasonal deliciousness.
- 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites. I’ve learned to trust just about everything the lovely duo behind Minimalist Baker suggests, and this energy bite recipe is no exception. Just five ingredients! Healthy and filling! Peanut butter and chocolate are two of the five ingredients! Just grab your food processor and get to snacking.
- Greek salad skewers. If you’re a Greek salad fan like I am (it’s my go-to order at many restaurants), give this new, more snack-friendly twist on the salad a try. Just grab the key ingredients of the salad — a piece of cucumber, half of a cherry tomato, a chunk of feta cheese, a kalamata olive, and red onion, if that’s your style — and place them on a skewer or toothpick. Drizzle with olive oil, and enjoy!
- Minty Pea Dip. This one’s tasty — trust me! Kevin and I enjoyed it as an appetizer just last night, in fact. Just combine 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint, and 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Serve with pretzels/pretzel thins, pita chips, sliced veggies — whatever you prefer! (Kevin and I had ours with pretzels last night.)
What summertime snacks are your faves?