I haven’t been great at blogging lately (sorry about that, everyone), and wanted to share a few things that have been going on recently. You know, bring you up to speed a bit. (I know you’ve all been dying to know what I’ve been up to.) I also have a few links to share with you (thank you, Interwebs!) that I’ve stumbled upon lately and love (and think you’ll enjoy, too).
- First up: I got a haircut!
I’ve had long hair for quite some time now, and then last fall went for the “lob” look, which I loved. Then a few weeks ago, knowing that I had an upcoming haircut on the books, I started playing with the idea of going super short (for me, at least). I went for it, and really, really love it. Like, a lot. (Shout-out to Jodi at Escape Salon for my amazing new cut!)
- The other big news in my life is that I’m running a 10K tomorrow. (This is big for me, as the only races I’ve run to date have been 5Ks, and those have been few and far between.) Since my in-laws have a place at Oak Island, NC, when I found a race in Oak Island I knew it was meant to be. A few friends are going with Kevin and me, and we’re looking forward to a chill weekend at the beach after the race. I’ll report back on the race itself. I’m a bit nervous at the moment!
Okay, on to some links to help make you smile on this rather chilly (in Winston-Salem, at least) Friday:
- This Sizzler promotion video from 1991 is incredible. Please watch it. Please wonder with me who wrote this song and why the food looks so gross and where all these uber-cheesy and/or super weird people who make appearances in the video are today:
- Come on: How amazing is this Golden Girls LEGO set? I love everything about it.
- Have ya’ll watched the creepy Scientology HBO documentary, Going Clear? (If you haven’t, I recommend giving it a watch. So bizarre, but incredibly well done. I thought I was pretty well-versed on Scientology and learned there was TONS I had no clue about.) Anyway, SNL created an incredible spoof video pulled from the documentary. You’ll like it if you haven’t seen Going Clear, and you’ll LOVE it if you have:
- The ad agency where I work was featured in the Triad Business Journal recently. Pretty fun stuff! I’m lucky to work at a place that’s full of super talented co-workers I also call my friends.
- Amy Schumer. You are just too funny to me. Have y’all seen her “Milk, Milk, Lemonade” video? I dare you not to get this song stuck in your head:
Happy almost weekend, everyone!