It’s Friday. It’s been feeling like Friday all week. (Seriously. I told someone to “Have a great weekend!” on Wednesday morning.) I blame the time change.
So anyway, at the end of this long week the last thing you want to do is navigate the interwebs for yourself. Luckily, I’ve rounded up a few things worth checking out this afternoon. Click away:
- This is by far the cutest thing I’ve seen all week. I’d never even heard of a quokka before reading this, and I feel like I’ve been missing out because they are ADORABLE (and, apparently, up for a #selfie any time).
- Wait — you can revive a stale loaf of bread in a way that doesn’t involve bread pudding? Apparently, according to this Bon Apetit article, which includes putting said loaf of stale bread under running water.
- And if you don’t feel like breathing new life into a loaf of stale bread using Bon Apetit’s method, embrace the stale and use that loaf to make some bread pudding. Check out a few awesome recipes to try. (Shameless plug for my own article here on PasteMagazine.com.)
- Keeping with the food theme, take a look at these clever pun- and food-based creations of each of the 50 states this father and son duo has come up with.
- Okay, okay — one more food one. Check out this Kevin Bacon ad for the American Egg Board. Bacon for eggs? Perfect spokesperson. (And speaking of Mr. Bacon, who else is thrilled that The Following is back on? SO pumped!):
- What an awesomely touching way for Samsung to roll out a new service for the hearing impaired in Turkey.
- To coincide with International Women’s Day on March 8, the No Ceilings initiative released a compelling campaign pointing out the disparities that still exist between men and women. Brands like Kate Spade and H&M and celebrities like Amy Poehler and Sienna Miller came together to help share the data gleaned from the No Ceilings initiative report:
Happy Friday, everyone! You earned it.