blue bottle coffee, great gift ideas for sister, great gift ideas for women, interesting gift ideas christmas 2014, jewelry storage, loren hope, mini mason jar vases, pixels and wood, zoya nail polish
Gift ideas already? Yes — I know. We just celebrated Halloween and here I am posting Christmas gift ideas. For the record, I am a strong supporter of the “Let Thanksgiving Be Its Own Holiday Movement” (which isn’t really an official thing, but I think you get the picture). You won’t find a Christmas tree up at the Keller house until after Turkey Day, nor will Christmas songs be playing before then, etc.
I am a planner, and plus I like the month of December to be as fun and non-stressful as possible, and so I AM an advocate for early shopping. Nothing wrong with that, right? That way, December can be full of wrapping and parties and cocoa and not so much malls and rush shipping. Pass.
With that in mind, I’ve rounded up a collection of gift ideas for the ladies in your life. These are things that would be great for just about any sister, best friend, female co-worker, and the like.
- If you want to go the jewelry route, I’d recommend checking out Loren Hope. They have lovely, interesting pieces, and I particularly love their Sophia Studs and Small Gunmetal Sarra Cuff.
- If she’s already got plenty of bling, what about a place to store it? I’m a big fan of pretty jewelry holders, and so I’m drawn to things like Anthropologie’s Giraffe Trinket Dish and this jewelry tray from J. Crew Factory.
- For cook/baker friends and loved ones, these handy kitchen tools might be just the thing. Try an egg separator, a microplane herb mill, or a set of vintage measuring spoons — something they likely won’t buy for themselves and could probably use!
- If you have a girl on your list who’s a coffee addict, consider gifting her some Blue Bottle Coffee New Orleans Iced Coffee. I first experienced this glorious drink in San Francisco this past spring, and it’s definitely gift worthy. Another option for a coffee-lover would be an adorable Jonathan Adler mug with her initial.
- For your workout loving pals, consider a pair of Nordstrom’s Zella leggings. They have tons of options, all of which are amazing (my favorite leggings, by far) and affordable, too. Another one of my top picks when it comes to activewear brands is Albion Fit. I love their cozy signature hoodie.
- Looking for some miscellaneous stocking stuffer-type gifts? Might I suggest one of Jonathan Adler’s super cute animal ornaments, some toxin-free Zoya nail polish (with TONS of great colors to choose from), a set of mini Mason jar vases, or (perhaps my favorite) a reusable “Treat Yourself” tote?
- Got a wine afficianado on your list? Consider getting her a Pixels and Wood handcrafted wine glass holder made of reclaimed wood. (I’m friends with the talented artist behind this company, and she does amazing work.)
- For those professional ladies in your life, think about gifting a snazzy Kate Spade business card holder, personalized with her initial, or a lovely planner from Paper Source.
What are you eyeing for your best girl friends this season?