Happy Thursday! I feel kind of unfocused today, and so I thought an all over the place post made sense. Here are a few things I’ve been enjoying/thinking about/baking over the last couple of days:
- Daniel Radcliffe rapping “Alphabet Aerobics” on Jimmy Fallon. I’m sure most of you saw this link making its way around your Facebook feed yesterday. If you didn’t click, you should. (Go on, click!) It’s amazing. Definitely worth four minutes of your Thursday.
- How awesome is The Pope? Seriously. As though there weren’t already enough reasons to get behind Pope Francis, there’s now a new one to add to the ever-growing list.“The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it. Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”
- I made these cookies the other day. Peanut butter cookies stuffed with a Reese’s cup surprise. And they were stupid good. Peanut butter fans: y’all should give this recipe a try.
- I’m not 23 anymore, but this article still hit home for me in many ways. This feeling of not having this whole life thing figured out and wondering if I ever will. Of straddling the space between feeling anxious about what’s next and trying desperately to live in the moment and realize how truly amazing life is right this very second. (Oh, millennials.)
- This engagement video left me feeling really weird. In large part, people seem to be loving this viral video about a guy who saved up for his elaborate proposal since he was 12 years old. But to me it felt — forced. False. Not the words he said to his now-fiancé (that was sweet and heartfelt), but more the whole event itself. And if he was saving up since he was 12 for this event, it meant it wasn’t something he planned for this specific girl. I feel the same way when I hear about girls who have their whole weddings planned by the time they’re 18, and just “insert groom here.” I don’t know — something about this just left me feeling off. Anyone else?
- Amy Poehler’s book was released this week! Kevin ordered us an advance copy audio book for us to listen to as we drive to and from South Carolina to visit my sister and brother-in-law. I cannot wait. Love me some Amy.