As I mentioned earlier this week, I’ve been following The Conscious Cleanse for the last week and a half (I’m on Day 11 of 14!) and have another yummy recipe to pass along. This one’s for a delightfully refreshing — but also filling — salad, using kale as the green (which is always good in my book) and avocado (so you know you can’t go wrong).
My favorite salads are the kinds that are packed full of veggies, and this one certainly fits the bill if you add extra things you have on hand. Onions, bell peppers, sprouts — you name it — would all be delicious.
(Side note: I LOVE using the tiny-sized mason jars to bring salad dressing to work. They seal tightly, never leak, and are the perfect size. Plus, they’re easy to throw in the dishwasher and re-use. I highly recommend them!)
But we’re here to talk about salad-making, so back to business:
Kale Avocado Salad with a Kick
(Makes two salads)
- 1 bunch curly kale, chopped and destemmed
- 1 avodado, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pinches sea salt
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- Feel free to add additional veggies, too! I like to include red onion, cucumber, mushrooms, and sprouts.
- In a large bowl, combine kale and avocado (and additional veggies, if you’re including them).
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and cayenne.
- Pour dressing over veggies, massaging kale thoroughly with your hands until it becomes soft.
2 thoughts on “Kale Avocado Salad With A Kick”
The salad dressing container idea is perfect!
Right now I either bring a whole bottle of dressing to work and then forget to take it out of my bag when I get home from work, remembering only the next day when I have a warm and questionable bottle of dressing, or use one of my plastic containers with not the best sealing capabilities and end up with books that smell like old cheese and vinegar.
You just saved the day, Anna. Thanks. 🙂