You know those evenings at, oh, about 9 p.m., when you’re hanging out at home, maybe doing some work, maybe just watching some stand-up comedy on Netflix streaming, maybe doing both at the same time, and all of a sudden you get a craving for something sweet? Just a little something, maybe some ice cream or a cookie? But — uh-oh — there’s nothing sweet in the house. What to do?
This recipe* is the perfect solution for those moments. (Which, admittedly, happen to me frequently. Case in point: I’ve made this recipe twice this week already.) It tastes just like a freshly baked cookie, but takes all of about 2 minutes to make. Perfection, no?
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small, microwavable bowl, mix together butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 40-60 seconds. (Careful — it will be very hot at first.)
- Enjoy! (I highly recommend a large glass of milk to accompany this treat.)
*(I owe the discovery of this delectable recipe to my friend Emily Sadlow, via her blog. Thanks, Emily!)
3 thoughts on “Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl”
We could have used this recipe in KT, lady. All those afternoons and evenings of Grey’s Anatomy viewing would have been just a bit better. 🙂
No kidding! This would have been oh-so handy!
It would have softened the blow of those evening PA talks that wiggled their way into our apartment. Oh, the sweet memories. ;P