It’s an especially great Friday, because today is my nephew’s 3rd birthday! We’re headed to South Carolina tomorrow to celebrate Benjamin (“BB”), and will get to see my family for the first time since February. I cannot WAIT!
Maggie and I started the morning off with some waffles (her request, and one I was VERY okay with), which was so much fun. She’s VERY into helping in the kitchen these days — something that makes me so happy. She’s gotten to be quite the little helper!
While I have a few free minutes, I thought I’d share a few recent favorites here today. Let’s jump in!:
- I grabbed one of Modern Piggy’s new knotted headbands, and I LOVE IT. It took me a while to choose which one to get (there are several cute options), but I’m very happy with this dark blush. And remember: You can always save 10% on your Modern Piggy order when you use the code CURIOUSER at checkout! (This is also the company I love for Maggie’s bows.)
- Since Maggie loves to help so much in the kitchen, we do lots of baking together. This makes my heart so very happy! Recently, we gave an Oh She Glows vegan and gluten-free brownie recipe a try, and it’s a keeper! The first time we made it, I tried to ground my own almond flour and accidentally made almond butter instead. Oops! We used it anyway and the brownies were pretty good, but when we made a second batch (correctly), they were AMAZING. (I ended up using Trader Joe’s almond meal, which I had on hand, rather than grinding my own almond flour this time.) The recipe is the second one (toward the bottom) in this post, and is also the one in this cookbook (which is absolutely worth getting if you don’t already have it). P.S. We went without the walnuts. I’m a big believer in nut-free brownies, personally.
- Thrive Market isn’t new to me, but I just placed an order this morning so it’s top of mind to share. I love their selection and prices, and the convenience of things coming right to our doorstep can’t be beat. I use it for items ranging from decaf coffee to baking needs (spelt flour, organic brown sugar, etc.) to noodles to sauces and dressings and lots more.
- I’ve joined the fanny pack club! I grabbed a light pink Vooray active fanny pack (they have lots of color options), and have been loving it. It fits my phone perfectly, making it easy to take on a walk and be hands free. It also works well for just a few essentials when I don’t want to bring my whole purse somewhere (and, again, be hands free!). Oh, and that $17.99 price can’t be beat. If you register for their emails, you can save an additional 15% on top of that, too!
- Fellow preschool parents: You have to check out Play to Learn Preschool! I learned about this great resource through my sister, and now Maggie and I watch a Ms. Jamie video just about every day. (I usually watch via her Facebook page.) We’ve been doing the free circle time sessions so far, but I’ll likely pay for her other programs once we’ve gone through all of those. We are such big fans!
What do you have planned for the weekend? Hope it’s a good one, regardless!