My second Mother’s Day was pretty amazing. I loved getting to spend lots of the day with my two favorite humans, Kevin and Maggie. We didn’t do anything particularly special (we didn’t even go out for a meal!), but it was perfect nonetheless (despite this less-than-perfect photo of Maggie and me, because she REFUSED to pose).
I taught a Pure Barre class in the morning, then we hung around the house for a bit. We went on a Costco run together (fun fact: I LOVE running errands with my family), and then Kevin and Maggie tagged along to a bluegrass concert in Kernersville where I was manning a booth for my company. It was relaxing and lovely, and the best part of the day was the fact that it didn’t feel all that different from any other Sunday at our house. I’m incredibly fortunate to feel loved and special and appreciated by my family every single day (but getting a Vitamix yesterday was pretty great, too…). 🙂
Let’s see…some other highlights from the past week:
- Maggie got a pair of shades, and she LOVES THEM! She’s loved playing with ours, and loves having her own pair now.
- I can’t get over how sweet she is in this sun hat. She’ll be in it all summer, I’m sure, and I just think it’s precious! Watching her play in the grass is the sweetest thing, too.
- We loved getting to go to a birthday party for two of our sitter’s kids on Saturday! It was Star Wars themed, and Maggie got into the lightsaber action. (She and Kevin were also unintentionally twinning!)
- I may be biased, but I think the world’s cutest Cheerios fan lives at my house. (General Mills: Looking for a spokesperson…?)
- I love how much she continues to love books! Every time I watch this video, where she pats the chair for me to sit and read with her, my heart just melts.
Here’s to another fun-filled week with our girl! Lucky doesn’t begin to cover it…