What a funny week here in North Carolina. I had Monday off for MLK Day, and then we had snow hit, so Kevin and I worked from home (with Maggie here with us) both Wednesday and yesterday. It’s been a fun, cozy, week (though sometimes stressful because Maggie is into EVERYTHING now!).
But here we are: Friday. Yay! To mark the occasion, I’ve rounded up a few things I’ve been loving lately:
- Given the wintery weather, I’ve been loving soup. I made this One-Pot Everyday Lentil Soup by Minimalist Baker and this Vegan Cream of Cauliflower Soup from The Blender Girl. Both were amazing. (I had the cauliflower soup for breakfast yesterday, in fact, and it was SUCH a good way to start the day.)
- Speaking of wintery weather…Beautycounter’s No. 2 Plumping Facial Oil has been saving my dry skin all season, but it’s been especially necessary this week! For those unfamiliar with facial oils, they are a way to infuse plant-based fatty acids into your skin. They absorb deeper than moisturizers, and are super hydrating. You can use them alone (in place of moisturizer) or in combination with your moisturizer to be extra hydrating.
- Nordstrom has lots of Free People items on sale right now, and they all look SO cozy! (I snagged this top in blush and am pumped about it.) I’m also eyeing this thermal top, this cardigan, and this pullover — all on sale!
- Also at Nordstrom (but also at Pure Barre Winston-Salem and Pure Barre Clemmons!) is this adorable Alo Cut It Out Long Tank. I wasn’t sure about it when I saw it on the rack, but tried it on yesterday evening at the Clemmons studio and — y’all — I must have it. IT’S SO CUTE!!! (Yes, I know I just published my Pure Barre wardrobe picks on the blog a couple of days ago, but consider this a late-in-the-game addition. It’s a must-have.)
- This peppermint tea has been on repeat for me recently. I love winding down with it in the evening!
Have a wonderful weekend!