Most of us have folks in our lives who love spending time in the kitchen, and I find that buying gifts for them is always so much fun (perhaps because I fall into that category myself). I feel like the secret to kitchen-related gifts is to give the recipient an item you know they’ll use but one they might not buy for themselves. The gift feels more special that way, and they’ll think of you each time they use it!
If you’re in Winston-Salem, my favorite place to shop for kitchen goodies and gadgets is Southern Home & Kitchen in Thruway Shopping Center. They always have a delightful inventory, plus a cooking class line-up that always looks amazing. (I need to try one of those in 2018…)
If you can’t make it to Southern Home & Kitchen, though, not to worry! I’ve rounded up a few gift ideas sure to please the aspiring chefs and bakers on your holiday gift list:
- J.Q. Dickinson Salt Works: Kevin and I heard about this salt company thanks to an episode of a podcast we love, Gravy. The story behind the West Virginia-based family company is a neat one, and their product is stellar. We’ve loved giving their salt varieties and accessories as gifts over the past couple of years (as well as using the salt ourselves)! Their separate gifts section in their shop is especially helpful this time of year.
- World Market is always a go-to of mine for gifts in general, and I especially have success in their kitchen department. (Oh, and if you’re shopping online, they’re Ebates compatible — offering 4% cash back on your purchase — always a plus!) This year, some of my favorites of theirs for kitchen-related gift items are this salt and pepper grinder set, this marble cutting board set, and this beautiful baking pan.
- Williams Sonoma always has beautiful gifts, of course, but this time of year they have some options that will also benefit others (such as this spatula, which was created by a child at St. Jude Hospital and goes to support children there, and this mug, which goes to support Williams Sonoma’s Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign).
- For the Costco members among us, grab a Ninja blender (at a great price) for a smoothie lover on your list! (Any kitchen needs a great blender, actually, and sometimes a Vitamix is just a liiiiiittle out of one’s price range, ya know? Kevin and I have had our Ninja for 5+ years and love it!)
- West Elm has these pretty (and monogrammable) decanters for either wine or whisky. They’re a beautiful and functional addition to any bar!
- In my opinion, you can’t talk about kitchen- and food-related gifts without checking our what Food52 has to offer. These non-stick pans look amazing, as do these prep bowls and this ceramic pie dish.
What other items are on your list for the cooks and bakers on your list?