It’s the last weekend in August. Whoa — summer is just flying by! I’m okay with it this year (not the norm for me), and the recent 68-degree mornings — where I’ve needed a light jacket on the way to and from Pure Barre — have been quite delightful. Bring on the boots and flannel, I say!
Kevin and I are looking forward to seeing his parents, who are coming in town from Southport, North Carolina, to spend the weekend with us. We love when Keith and Cathy are in town! That plus lots o’ Pure Barre is going to make up the bulk of my weekend. Oh, and a cookout with some friends! Good stuff, y’all.
While we collectively wait for the weekend to officially kick off, here are some things I’ve been loving of late:
- Netflix’s series Stranger Things is the bomb. I know, I know. I’m late to the game. I was hesitant because I didn’t know if this would be my kind of show, but I should have known better after hearing so many people whose opinions I trust raving about it. Kevin and I are totally hooked (we’re still making our way through the season) and are so impressed with the show. I might even be El for Halloween. She’s amazing.
- I hadn’t made these blueberry streusel muffins in a while, but whipped up a batch for a friend with a new baby recently. They are GOOD, y’all. Definitely worth making.
- I’ve long been a fan of Glennon Melton (proof here), and find her perspective to be spot-on. This article, “Your Body Is Not Your Masterpiece,” is no exception. Please take a minute or two to read it.
- THIS dress from Anthro. I’m a big fan:
- I’ve been on a bit of a carb kick lately and, after reading this Yes! Weekly article on the best sandwiches in the Triad, want to eat ALL of them. (Not all at once, people. But, you know, eventually.) Anyone up for a lunch date??
Hope everyone has an amazing weekend ahead!