Friday! A rainy one here on the east coast, but Friday nonetheless. Kevin and I were supposed to be headed to Columbia, South Carolina, this weekend to visit my sister, Susan, and brother-in-law, Marty, and see their new house for the first time, but our plans were thwarted. (Thanks a lot, Hurricane Joaquin Phoenix. Ugh.)
But before we get to the whole weekend part of the week, I wanted to share a few things I’ve been loving this week:
- First up: Good Graeff. Please check out this band immediately. We caught their show at The Garage here in Winston this Wednesday, and they were incredible. The Florida-born lead singer/guitarist and cellist/back-up singer are twin sisters, and they put on a hell of a good live show. Check them out on Spotify, and if they happen to come to a stage near you, definitely go see them. (I especially love their songs “Unsung Heroes” and “Top of the World.”)
- After having this brownie recipe on my list of things to bake for a few weeks, I just had to give it a try this week. The result? Even better than I’d hoped. It’s all the things a good brownie should be: fudgey, rich, and oh-so chocolatey. I’ll be hanging onto this recipe for sure!
- So far, I’m a fan of this whole The Daily Show with Trevor Noah situation. I loved me some Jon Stewart, but Trevor’s doing great so far! The show feels fresh yet at the same time comfortingly familiar. Check out an episode (available to stream on Comedy Central’s website) if you haven’t caught one this week.
- I’m thankful that things like this happen and that I get to read about them, because it immediately makes me feel 100% great about my life decisions and place in this world. (Please click. It involves a raccoon and a breathalyzer test. Do it.)
- I’m lusting over so many fall clothes this week, but I’m especially infatuated with these adorable Sperry duck boots. Maybe it’s because it’s been so very rainy recently, but I just have to have them. (Also, I had no idea it was so hard to get your hands on a pair of L.L. Bean’s classic Bean Boots!)
- Speaking of things to lust over, I am head over heels for the new Tesla SUV. I don’t usually get super excited over cars, but this is a definite exception.
- Minimalist Baker always has mouthwatering recipes on their blog, but this Dark Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl really caught my eye. I’ve added it to my “things to make” list, and hope to try it out next week. (How amazing does this look??):
Happy weekend! What fun things do y’all have planned?