Happy Friday, everyone!
Today’s post is short and sweet. Just a few links I’ve stumbled upon this week that I wanted to share with you lovely folks.
- First up: Mindy Kaling (because she should ALWAYS go first). She made the cover of AdWeek’s Creative 100 (for obvious and well-deserved reasons), and talks about what to expect from her in the near future (the latest season of The Mindy Project, writing her second book, and her dreams to write a movie).
- What with all the shark attacks on the East coast in recent weeks, I know there’s concern with safety this beach season, but I’m not sure these shark cages (debuted in the Outer Banks of North Carolina) are the answer…
- I came across this Domino’s campaign the other day, to help improve our nation’s emoji literacy, and think it’s just brilliant and so much FUN! What a playful way to take a current trend and let the trend — not the brand — take center stage. Love this, and I might just have to print out a set of my own emoji flashcards.
- I love Amy Poehler and aim to be more like her, and this Guardian article only confirmed that further. (I also learned that Brits love Parks and Rec. Cheers, UK residents, for sharing our love for an amazing show!) Side note: If you haven’t seen Inside Out yet, please change that it ASAP. I went to see the film this past week, and absolutely loved it. What a smart, well-done, full-of-feelings movie!
- Last but not least, my brother-in-law shared this gem of a video with me last weekend, and I just couldn’t NOT share it. (Just try getting this song out of your head once you’ve heard it.):
Have a great weekend!