I never got into the whole How I Met Your Mother thing. I watched an episode here and there during various airplane rides and such, and know about the drama with the finale, but I never watched the show consistently or anything. I can’t weigh in as to whether it’s quality TV, but I CAN attest to the fact that the show has delicious cookies.
What? Cookies? Yep. Apparently there’s something called a “Sumbitch Cookie” that makes an appearance in an episode. Or several episodes. (I don’t know — I’m not an expert on HIMYM, as mentioned in the paragraph above.) And this recipe is a variation on said Sumbitch Cookie reference.
What I AM rather an expert on is cookies, and I can tell you that these cookies are quite delicious. After all, they contain chocolate chips, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and Rolos. (ALL IN ONE COOKIE.)
They’re not especially pretty (mine didn’t turn out nice looking this time around, at least), but man are they delicious! (Just look at that cookie dough. YUM!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rolos, halved
- 1 cup dark chocolate peanut butter cups (I used Trader Joe’s), quartered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add water and vanilla, then add eggs, beating on low until combined.
- Add flour mixture, beating on low until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, Rolos, and peanut butter cups with a wooden spoon.
- Form Tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls and then freeze in a Tupperware for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. (Don’t freak out if they come out looking kind of crazy, as in oddly shaped. The same thing happened to me!)