Admittedly, I like to shop just about any time of year, but season changes are what really get me in the mood to make some wardrobe additions. After finally coming to terms with the fact that summer is ending (with such a drawn out winter this past year, I really hate to see the warm weather start to fade), I’ve started focusing on fall — and what I’ll be wearing this season.
As someone whose wardrobe largely consists of Target and T.J. Maxx finds, affordability is definitely a priority. After all, if something’s less expensive, that means you have a bigger leftover budget for even MORE fall clothes, right? Right. And thankfully, Target, T.J. Maxx, Forever 21, and other reasonably priced retailers have some great options that don’t mean you have to sacrifice trend or quality for a budget-friendly item.
Here are some of my top picks so far this season — items that check both the “adorable” and “affordable” boxes:
- I love me some Nordstrom, and their Junior department (BP) is surprisingly affordable. (Plus, they have free shipping both ways on all orders — score!) Some of my favorite clothing and accessory items are from that line, and they haven’t disappointed this season. Some of my faves for this fall:
- As far as I’m concerned, leggings are one of the best parts of fall. (Just think: a whole season where you can get away with not wearing “real pants” when you play your cards right!) One quick ground rule, though. I firmly believe that “leggings as pants” only works when the top you’re wearing with the leggings is longer than your butt. No exceptions. This is a critical piece to consider when styling your leggings looks, and is the reason you’ll see several slouchy tops in this post. My favorite places to get leggings is from Nordstrom’s BP department. They’re cute, hold up well, and are long, so they’re perfect for pairing with boots or booties during the fall season.
- I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Forever 21. I’ve had some pieces from there that I adore, but really dislike their return policy (you get store credit back — not an actual refund — so all the money you spend at Forever 21 stays at Forever 21 in some form). Still, it’s undeniable that their prices are incredible and they always have several great items for each season. Some looks I’m loving from Forever 21 right now:
- Oh, Target. One of my favorite places on Earth. The place that laughs at shopping lists (I inevitably buy at least three unplanned items during each Target run). The store full of both basics and trendy seasonal picks each year. Here’s what’s topping my Target list at the moment:
- Asos is another must on my list. They have a huge inventory, free shipping both ways (which is a mega plus), and also feature on-model runway videos of all clothes on their site so you can see what the piece looks like in motion. It’s such a helpful feature. This season at Asos, here’s what’s catching my eye: