Like most girls, I love trying out new beauty products. I’m always down to give a new lip stain or dry shampoo or eye shadow a go. (And nail polish. Especially nail polish.) But there are tried and true favorites in my make-up bag, too, and I thought I’d share a few of those in case you’re looking for something new to add to your routine. Enjoy (and please pass along your top picks, too)!:
- Too Faced’s Snow Bunny bronzer. This product was introduced to me by a friend in grad school (thanks, Juliana!) and I adore it. It’s perfect regardless of season, adding some natural-looking color and just a touch of shimmer.
- Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara. For years, my mascara of choice was Maybelline’s Great Lash (which is still a solid choice), but I’m an official convert to this great stuff from Benefit. The applicator brush is designed to boost length and volume as well as add curl (all things my wimpy little lashes can definitely use).
- Zoya’s Remove nail polish remover. I do a lot of nail polishing, and thought all nail polish removers were the same until trying Zoya’s Remove product, which I picked up as an impulse buy while in line at Ulta recently. It. Is. Awesome. I recommend it even for those who aren’t nail polish addicts like I am.
- C.O Bigelow’s Mentha Lip Shine lip gloss. Looking for the ideal lip gloss? In my opinion, it’s this stuff. It goes on smoothly and without mess (you don’t have to apply it with your fingers), it’s moisturizing, and it even freshens your breath a bit thanks to its minty fresh properties. Seriously, though: I’ve stopped buying other lip glosses and have just admitted that this is the best in the world.
- Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral Palette in Rosewood eye shadow. I first tried this eye shadow after reading about in a Real Simple article last year and have loved it ever since. The colors are neutral enough to work for just about anyone, but since there are four shades you can opt for a subtle look or choose to darken things up a little, too. This is a perfect everyday eye shadow.