I’m most definitely Type A. List-making and organization are two of my favorite activities (no, seriously), and punctuality is a personal value. So it’s no surprise that when it comes to planning for things like Christmas shopping, I tend to get started pretty early.
I’ve already reached out to my family for gift ideas and have started shopping for many items, and while looking for the perfect things for my loved ones, I’ve stumbled upon several other delightful little finds that I thought I’d share. Who knows? These might be good gift items for some of the folks on your list:
- Does your sister or favorite cousin have the new iPhone 5, perhaps? Consider adding this cute case for her from Red Envelope:
- I love this interesting take on a journal from Poppytalk Handmade. It’s a “perpetual calendar,” so you can pull out a card each day, write a line or two, and at the end of the year you’ll have a lovely account of the last 365 days! This would be a great addition to a bedside table or desk.
- Looking for something cool for a guy in your life? Might I suggest a great-smelling, travel-friendly solid cologne from the folks at Fulton & Roark? (Okay, obviously I’m totally biased here, but come on — these are PERFECT gift items, right?)
- For the baker or chef on your list, maybe these chalkboard spice jars from Anthropologie would be a perfect stocking stuffer.
- For those with kiddos, be sure to check out the adorableness that is Baby Boden. A subset of the British-based adult clothing company Boden, this miniature collection is full of bright colors and both classical and whimsical duds and accessories for little ones. (There’s a Mini Boden line for older kids, too. Also precious!) But seriously — how cute are these itty bitty outfits?:
- Looking for something for a beloved bookworm? What about this personalized chevron Kindle case from Etsy? (I have a similar one and adore it.)
- Paper Source, to me, is one of happiest places on earth (it’s right up there with Target and Anthropologie, as far as I’m concerned), and this customizable return address stamp is one of their best gift items. The recipient gets to choose from all of Paper Source’s wonderful return address stamp designs so you’re sure she gets just what she wants.
- Is anyone else a fan of these “Home” tees? I really love them, and think they’d be a perfect gift for someone in your life with a solid dose of state pride. (And, hey — a portion of the proceeds go to fight multiple sclerosis, so that’s awesome.)
- One final tip: If you’re in the market for a gift card or two to put under the tree, you might want to visit GiftCardGranny.com, a new site I just discovered, that sells gift cards for up to 80% off. (And this could come in handy after Christmas, too. If you wind up with unused gift cards you don’t think you’ll ever use, you can sell them to GCG as well.)
Who are you shopping for this year? Any great gift finds you’re especially pumped about? (Don’t worry — I won’t tell the recipient!) 🙂