Today’s spotlight is on local artist Tabi Falcone, the talent behind the colorful brand Annabelle Beet. I discovered Tabi’s work at Urbn Grl and immediately grabbed one of her small pineapple paintings for Maggie’s room. Tabi describes her artistic style as “both sketchy and almost haphazard, while also having a lot of detail,” and watercolor and ink are her main mediums.
Tabi and her family (husband and two boys, along with their dog, Daisy) moved to Winston-Salem nearly five years ago for Tabi to work at Hanes as a technical apparel designer. Developing her brand Annabelle Beet was a way for her to channel her love for dad jokes and produce (and she’s since incorporated inspirational sayings on top of abstract watercolors, which are less punny but so pretty).
Here’s what Tabi shared about how she began painting, and where Annabelle Beet came from:
“I started painting years and years ago; I actually have a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design and took several painting classes when I was in college. I stopped painting for a few years and started again as a way to be creative with my children. We enjoy a LOT of painting days in our house! The business side of these paintings came out of a wine fueled evening thinking about additional things to sell at a craft show within another very short-lived business venture in early 2017. That business crashed and burned, but I kept painting the produce puns. Eventually my husband told me to start selling them because we were running out of space on our walls! I launched my Etsy shop in November 2017 and it’s been growing since!”
In addition to her Etsy shop, you can find Tabi’s work at:
- Urbn Grl (Winston-Salem)
- Meraki Handmade (Greensboro)
- Red Dog Gallery (Winston-Salem)
- Sunnyside Mercantile (Winston-Salem)
For our giveaway, Tabi is giving away a framed tiny fig watercolor painting to a lucky winner!
- Follow Annabelle Beet on Instagram
- Follow me on Instagram
- Comment on my Annabelle Beet Instagram post letting me know where you’d display your fig painting, or who you’d gift it to!
There are also TWO ways to get bonus entries!:
- Tag a friend in the Annabelle Beet post in my Instagram feed. (Tag more than one friend, in fact! Each person you tag gets you an entry into the giveaway.)
- Share the Instagram post either in your feed or in your Instagram Stories, and be sure to tag @curiouserandcuriouserblog and @annabelle.beet in your share.
Good luck! I’ll announce the winner of this giveaway along with the other Holiday Giveaway Extravaganza winners later this month, so stay tuned! 🙂